Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by jloudder: Days at sea Great

Days at sea Great

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Galveston

Booked in to a Best Western in Galveston and did not get a wink of sleep because of the room next door. This was my first time to have an interior room but ended up loving it. Very quiet and dark, which I like for sleeping, but the only draw back is waking up and wondering is it am or pm. I loved the days at sea. All the people on board were around my age. Unfortunately I ate most of my meals in the windjammer. The food was not that good, and any food that was fried was way to greasy. The breakfast at the main dining room was very good and dinners in the dinning room were OK. I went to one evening performance of the 3 tenors and thought it was very good. Most of the evening acts were singing and dance numbers which I did not go see. The service was good, not exceptional. My favorite part of this trip were the days at sea and the ports were wonderful. I loved Funchal, Portugal and Barcelona, Spain the best. Because I had such a good time have already booked a return More transatlantic for the Fall. Almost identical ports. Disembarkation went very smoothly, no problems. Stayed a day in Barcelona before heading back home. Stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete which was a nice place and right on Las Ramblas. Great for walking. If you like to relax on your vacations and love to read, this is the kind of cruise you want to take. Another plus is we were the only ship docked at each port. Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6 9641

Very quiet, close to Library and computer rooms a plus. close to restaurants. Just the right size for one person but I wouldn't want to be sharing the space with another person. Shower was very small.

Stayed overnight and had the whole day to explore Barcelona. Loved this city. Shopped and had Sangria on Las Ramblas. Were entertained by a mime for about 30 minutes while sipping our Sangria. Did walk to the Gaudi Cathedral. Had tapas at a local restaurant that night. Our hotel had 24/7 snack bar and free wine and beer on tap which really was great. Next time I will visit more of the tourist attractions in this area and do some more shopping. Can't wait to go back. One of my favorite places I have ever visited.

Loved the mosaic streets and the beautiful foliage all around. Visited the fish market which was amazing all the kinds of fish they had there. Then headed to a free wifi cafe to download new books, check emails, etc. and ordered cappuccino before we headed to the tramway. Took the tramway to the top and had a great view of the city as we ascended. On top we strolled by the wooden sleds and toured a cathedral. We then took the tram back down and just strolled around and had a local beer at at street cafe. Then we headed back to the ship. Next trip I will do more shopping. We never got off the ship before 10 because most shops were not open very early so that worked out great for us.

Took a taxi to Atlantis Resort and view Chihuli glass sculptures in their casino. The Resort was very beautiful. Then took taxi back to main street. At the Hard Rock Cafe and then did some shopping. Area was easy to walk around and close to the ship.
Read 2627 Nassau Reviews