Norwegian Star Cruise Review by 2 Rolling Stones

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Star Cruise Review by 2 Rolling Stones
Norwegian Star
Norwegian Star
Member Name: 2 Rolling Stones
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Transatlantic New Orleans to Dover
This was our third Transatlantic crossing with NCL, and our favourite so far. The Star certainly lives up to it`s name. In my opinion, the "stars" of the ship are the amazing crew,so friendly and helpful. Everyone must have an off day sometimes, but you wouldn`t notice,they were always smiling!

The ship is just the right size for us, not too big or small and we found it easy to get around. We had a balcony cabin on deck 10.It was clean, comfortable and nicely furnished.

We ate every evening in the beautiful Versailles restaurant.The food was good,but not always as hot as I would like,probably beacause the plates were cold. I would not recommend ordering the pasta (nothing worse than lukewarm pasta). To be fair,the waiters will always get you something else, but I did not want to keep my companions waiting whilst I ate my entree.The only downside was the long queues to get in most evenings, even though we made reseravations.

Lunch and (mostly) breakfast we took in the buffet on deck 12. It could get a little congested at busy times as you would expect, but the food was plentiful,hot and there was plenty of choice. Tables were quickly cleared away and cleaned after each guest,so we did not have to wait.

We took a brisk walk around the track on deck 7 every day (4 times around equals 1-4 miles),so it soon became a challenge to see how many we could manage.Then in to the coffee bar in the Atrium for a drink and one of their delicious patries!

Entertainment was varied, with a different show in the Stardust theatre every evening. We especially enjoyed the violinist, and the Cirque style acrobats were fantastic, (better than the Cirque Dreams on the Epic, for which you had to pay)!

There was always something going on in the Spinnaker lounge, mostly amusing, except for the cringe-making, questions asked at the newly and not so newly wed game. I did not think it necessary to ask such personal questions to get a laugh,specially as there were young children present. I appreciate that you cannot please everyone, but perhaps a little more thought should go in to devising the questions.

If you like crusing, and don`t mind a few "sea" days, a transatlantic crossing is an enjoyable experience, at a great price, without the jet lag!

Overall we loved the cruise, and the ship, so much so that we since we came home we have booked another for next year, can`t wait!

Publication Date: 05/20/13