Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by JJCRUISERS: Gem of a Trip

Overall Member Rating

Gem of a Trip

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We have not been on Norwegian for the past few cruises but found a good deal. We live in NJ and have a short trip to the city. We arrived around 10:45 and due to our gold status, we were on board around 11:30. We went to the Bliss Lounge to drop off our carry on bags, but unfortunately, there was no one there to assist us. Someone called to get someone there to help those who were waiting but we eventually got tired of standing around and took our things with us. Had lunch in the Grand Pacific. Cabins were ready after 2. Our cabin steward Jonathan was very pleasant and did a great job all week. We enjoyed the freestyle dining and never had to wait for a table. We never had any problem finding a seat in the Garden Cafe (buffet area) whenever we ate there. Activities and shows were all fine and suited many types of interests. I did not play bingo as I thought it was too expensive. The lowest price package was $39. The casino was not overly crowded although it was a little smoke filled More at times. The passengers were varied in ages from small children to quite elderly. We enjoyed speaking with some very nice people and I was happy to see the children having a lot of fun in their activities.

My husband and I had a great time and basically have no real complaints. One suggestion I do have is that you might want to bring water shoes if you go to the private island. You had to walk on a lot of rocks to enter the water.

I will definitely sail on Norwegian again. It was a pleasant trip. Less

Member Since 2007
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X