Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by over64: Problems on Legend Of the Seas

Problems on Legend Of the Seas

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Other

First of all my wife and I are experienced cruisers with many cruises on Royal Caribbean and other lines. We are generally big fans of RC but not this cruise (Apr. 19 departing Dubai). First of all the Legend is their oldest ship (1995). Although it has been refurbished and is attractive and in generally very good condition there are some problems as it is an older ship. Although there was a thermostat in our cabin 7072 it never seemed to work. We heard many complaints from others about the same matter. We had to call 3 times for service. When service men came they had to make physical adjustments to the system. We noticed that the air filters in the vents were very dirty. This might be part of the problem.

I caught a cold with a bad cough while on board that took almost 3 weeks to get over. Many others on-board acquired the same condition. I also developed conjunctivitis (the first time ever) and essentially quarantined myself for almost 3 days until the condition More resolved. My wife got diarrhea with bad cramps during the cruise and was quarantined after visiting the clinic. The cramps continued for almost three weeks afterwards. Although hand sanitizers were provided at the entry to the restaurants there was no strict policing of their use and many people ignored them. We feel that this may have either led to or contributed to the health issues.

The food on board was generally good (although the steaks in the main dining room were small and not top quality - maybe they reserve the best cuts for the Grill restaurant that you pay for) but we felt that the variety and quality was generally lacking in comparison to newer and larger RC ships we have been on. But for what we paid for the cruise we really can't complain about the food.

All in all not the best cruise we have ever taken. Less

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Legend of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Legend of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 7072

First of all my wife and I are experienced cruisers with many cruises on Royal Caribbean and other lines. We are generally big fans of RC but not this cruise (Apr. 19 departing Dubai). First of all the Legend is their oldest ship (1995). Although it has been refurbished and is attractive and in generally very good condition there are still some problems. The air conditioning in our cabin 7072 was not working properly and although there was a thermostat it never seemed to work. We heard many complaints from others about the same matter. We had to call 3 times for service. When service men came they had to make physical adjustments to the system. We noticed that the air filters in the vents were very dirty. This might be part of the problem. I caught a cold with a bad cough while on board that took almost 3 weeks to get over. Many others on-board acquired the same condition. I also developed conjunctivitis (the first time ever) and essentially quarantined myself for almost 3 days until the condition resolved. My wife got diarrhea with bad cramps during the cruise and was quarantined after visiting the clinic. The cramps continued for almost three weeks afterwards. Although hand sanitizers were provided at the entry to the restaurants there was no strict policing of their use and many people ignored them. We feel that this may have either led to or contributed to the health issues. Our cabin also had a bad odor coming from the air vents at some point each day. We suspect it came from the restaurant although maybe not as the odor seemed like sewer gas. The food on board was good (although the steaks in the main dining room were small and not top quality - maybe they reserve the best cuts for the Grill restaurant that you pay for) but we felt that the variety and quality was generally lacking in comparison to newer and larger RC ships we have been on. But for what we paid for the cruise we really can't complain about the food. All in all not the best cruise we have ever taken.