Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by hahn

Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: 2A
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Great cruise for over 70s
Boarding in Sydney was ok considering 2800 passengers were to be boarding.Upon our arrival at the terminal we were totaly surprised at the demographics of the people standing in line.I would say 90% would have been over 65/70 years old.We are a family of 5, aged in our early 40s with 3 teenage kids.

Main dining room was good,my only complaint being our seating arrangements.Younger family seated with two elderly couples does not make sense to me.X could have made an effort to seat people with a similar age group together, it would not have been hard.

Poolside entertainment was non existent, apart from pool zumba in the mornings for the senior cruisers.

There was hardly any music played poolside during the day.I gave up asking the poolside attendants to play music by the pool.

Everything seamed to be set up for the senior cruisers from entertainment to the "back pain" lectures.

X should let Australian passengers know that these cruises cater mainly for the over 70 age group, change your brochures and let people know, alternatively provide entertainment for the younger guests.

Ports of call were good.Some hiccups disembarking in Lahiana(customs) same again in Honolulu (gangway issues)I would blame x cruises for both issues because if I was the responsible X agent in Lahaina I would have ensured that the US customs sent the appropriate number of agents to clear the ship.The same goes for the gangway that did not fit in Honolulu, someone from x cruises should have checked that it would fit prior to its arrival.

Overall the Solstice is a huge clean ship.I had no problems with the sanitising that was required to control the Norovirus out break, It all comes down to personal hygiene.

I would not recommend X cruises for young families.

Publication Date: 05/18/13