Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Derrty2006: First time for everything...

Derrty2006
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First time for everything...

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I'm a first time cruiser and all I can say is when is the next one? Here is a list of things I did while on my voyage and things I wasn't so fond of, hope you enjoy!

Embarkation day: We got to the port around 11a.m. And getting on the ship was a very smooth process. We were told our rooms wouldn't be available until 1:30 so we hung up on the lido deck for a while. 1:30 came around and we went and checked out our room and wow it was great! We met our housekeep Ike, great guy if you ever have him. We met our waiter Joel who is outstanding as well.

Sea days were our days to chill out In the hot tubs or in serenity. The kid free zones. I went down the water slides a time or two but going up those stairs...yea right.

Ports: I didn't care too much for Nassau because of being hounded about everything and it seems very dirty there. St. Thomas I loved, the people there are friendly and won't hound you and it's a beautiful place. Seems like a place i'd like to More retire in. St. Maarten was an ok place due to everything being shut down and the prices of some of their merchandise was a little crazy, we still got to see beautiful sights and see everything. For some odd reason, our tour guide decided to pull up to a nude beach...why? No idea.

The food wasn't bad and it's not much to write home about. We had dinner in the dining room for 6 of the days and decided to go to the steakhouse and see what it was all about. The steakhouse is my new favorite place to eat. That was by far the best meal I've ever had and I strongly recommend it. Yes the meal is extra but you get what you pay for plus.

Nightlife: me being 24, I am constantly going. We spent majority of our time at the burgundy lounge due to the nightclub being a little boring. On the last two nights the club was some what packed, but i wasn't too impressed.

Things I didn't like so much was the fact that dress codes weren't enforced. I saw people in the dining rooms wearing their trunks and t-shirts. I love dressing causal and some people don't understand what that means anymore.
Another thing I didn't like was the service of the bottomless bubbles. If you were drinking an alcoholic drink, voila, but if you wanted soda...be prepared to wait.
Last thing is the beds. They weren't very comfy at all. The beds would separate and you would sink in the middle of it.

Despite the usual Carnival haters, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am definitely looking into booking with them again. CARNIVAL YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Vista 9272

Cabin number 9272 on the Dream was an excellent room. Very spacious for two adults

I thought the water In Nassau was very pretty. But as far as everything else, I wasn't too thrilled or impressed. The locals are constantly nagging you to go on their excursions, and extremely pushy. I found that their souvenirs were priced excellent. I tried conch fritters for the first time and drank out of a cocoanut...awesome!
Read 2646 Nassau Reviews

St. Maarten was a nice place, very clean. Did an island tour, the French were on a holiday so we didn't get to see too much. Our tour guide was kind of blah. We had a hard time staying awake and could barely hear her on her mic because it kept cutting out. St. Maarten is very expensive as well. I don't think I'd ever go back there.