Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Derrty2006

Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

First time for everything...
I'm a first time cruiser and all I can say is when is the next one? Here is a list of things I did while on my voyage and things I wasn't so fond of, hope you enjoy!

Embarkation day: We got to the port around 11a.m. And getting on the ship was a very smooth process. We were told our rooms wouldn't be available until 1:30 so we hung up on the lido deck for a while. 1:30 came around and we went and checked out our room and wow it was great! We met our housekeep Ike, great guy if you ever have him. We met our waiter Joel who is outstanding as well.

Sea days were our days to chill out In the hot tubs or in serenity. The kid free zones. I went down the water slides a time or two but going up those stairs...yea right.

Ports: I didn't care too much for Nassau because of being hounded about everything and it seems very dirty there. St. Thomas I loved, the people there are friendly and won't hound you and it's a beautiful place. Seems like a place i'd like to retire in. St. Maarten was an ok place due to everything being shut down and the prices of some of their merchandise was a little crazy, we still got to see beautiful sights and see everything. For some odd reason, our tour guide decided to pull up to a nude beach...why? No idea.

The food wasn't bad and it's not much to write home about. We had dinner in the dining room for 6 of the days and decided to go to the steakhouse and see what it was all about. The steakhouse is my new favorite place to eat. That was by far the best meal I've ever had and I strongly recommend it. Yes the meal is extra but you get what you pay for plus.

Nightlife: me being 24, I am constantly going. We spent majority of our time at the burgundy lounge due to the nightclub being a little boring. On the last two nights the club was some what packed, but i wasn't too impressed.

Things I didn't like so much was the fact that dress codes weren't enforced. I saw people in the dining rooms wearing their trunks and t-shirts. I love dressing causal and some people don't understand what that means anymore.

Another thing I didn't like was the service of the bottomless bubbles. If you were drinking an alcoholic drink, voila, but if you wanted soda...be prepared to wait.

Last thing is the beds. They weren't very comfy at all. The beds would separate and you would sink in the middle of it.

Despite the usual Carnival haters, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am definitely looking into booking with them again. CARNIVAL YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!

Publication Date: 05/16/13