Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by sdvsings2: Breakaway Transatlantic

Breakaway Transatlantic

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Southampton

After a beautiful, full service, wonderful cruise over to Southampton on another cruise line, we were really disappointed in the overall experience on the NCL Breakaway.

Embarkation: what a mess, chaos! Took about 3 hours and we were the first in line.

Cabin: the cabin was not clean. Very dusty, very very small, no room for clothes, no drawers and only a couple shelves to put clothes on. The cabin steward was nice, but didn't even start to so call clean the room until 2 in the afternoon. Only emptied the garbage in the bathroom once that week. No place to put my makeup on or blow-dry my hair. Had to stand up because the mirror was too high to put a chair in front of it. The shower I will say is quite large compared to other ships. I was going to pack the lotion from my previous cruise and thought, no they will have lotion on the NCL, but NO! All the soaps and shampoo etc were in refillable bottles attached to the walls. Hmmmm.

Design: this ship is More designed for one thing and one thing only from what I can tell. That is to charge, and charge and more charging for everything on the ship. Everything you could ever want, you can have it all for an extra charge. In fact I couldn't get over all the "tacky" advertisements all over the ship for all the special restaurants. It was way out of hand in my opinion. Everywhere you turn, more adds for specialty restaurants.

Everyone I spoke with that got off the ship that I had just gotten off of was really disappointed and all said they will probably never go on an NCL again.

Entertainment: I must say that the "Burn The Floor" dance show was unbelievable!! I was really impressed. I loved it. Could not have been better!!
Also the Slam band was perfect!!!! Two best experiences on the ship!!!!!

Dining: Well, it was ok. The music was so loud in every space. It needs to be toned down.

Overall this was my least favorite cruise ever. I am not a negative person and this is the first bad review I have ever done. I just think people should be aware of what's going on.

Service: when I would ask (and yes I always HAD to ask for everything, there is not alot of "service" going on, I felt like I was really putting the workers out. That's just so sad. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>