Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by moseylou: Celebrity Infinity TA 5/1/13

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Transatlantic Cruises

Celebrity Infinity TA 5/1/13

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Transatlantic

My husband and I took the Infinity transatlantic with the express purpose to relax after a stressful work year. it worked! I loved the days at sea, and was almost sad to see land.

I am pleased with Celebrity, and very much enjoyed the low-key nature of the boat. No loud announcements, no overly pushy sales pitches. Food was good, not great, service was excellent (and unobtrusive at the pool while always being available if interested). I was surprised by the reasonable price of the drinks. The most outrageous prices were on the martinis, but even those were pretty comparable to the prices in local clubs. Wine was pretty expensive - perhaps a few dollars more a bottle than a local fine restaurant.

Entertainment was a little too "Branson" for me, but well done for those that like big production shows and glitzy singers/musicians.

Activities were great- lots of trivia, zumba class, other dance classes, lectures, culinary demonstrations, silly crew/guest More game shows, etc. always something going on.

Cabin was excellent - super quiet, lovely little balcony for a sea breeze and sit, clean, plenty of storage, and well designed to not feel cramped. I think deck 7 is pretty ideal - 3 floors up to the pool, aquaspa, solarium, and buffet, 3 floors above the main dining room. can walk to either, but also was not a long wait for the elevators at any time.

TV was pretty awful - very few channels coming through, and would go out a lot. one free movie a day on the tv; otherwise pay movies. Would have liked a movie theater (they eliminated in the renovation of the ship).

My only other complaint (and it's not unique) is the pricing of the shore excursions, and the lack of information about doing a port by yourself. My particular complaint is that they did not tell us that there is a shuttle bus at the Zeebruge port which brings you to the closest train station into Bruges, and picks up you from it, for 16 euros round trip. This I'm sure is because they want you to take their 'Bruges on your own" trip for something like $54/person, but it's pretty weasly to not provide you with any information about alternate transportation. Same with options at Ft. Lauderdale and Harwich, England.

We will definitely cruise again, and would not hesitate to take Celebrity again. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6) 7027

REALLY quiet, plenty of strategically placed storage. Very comfortable bed, and I'm picky and usually don't sleep well the first night in a hotel, and had no trouble at all. little bit of sun in the late afternoon on the balcony, which was nice. sparkling clean, bathroom well designed as well. Only issue is lack of plugs. I think deck 7 is pretty ideal - 3 floors up to the pool, aquaspa, solarium, and buffet, 3 floors above the main dining room. can walk to either, but also was not a long wait for the elevators at any time.

My husband went into Brugge while I stayed on the boat. It's the only port we couldn't walk into from the port. There was a shuttle bus that took you to the train (not provided by Celebrity), and then a 15 minute train ride to Brugge. He said it was really nice, lots of good beer bars, bike lanes for bike riding, canals for boat rides, shopping, etc. i definitely want to go sometime.

My rating is based solely on just going into town - did not take a shore excursion to the lakes or the valleys, which others said were very beautiful, so only take my rating for what's available to do on your own in the town of Ponta Delgada.