Carnival Glory Cruise Review by sistersfirstcruise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Glory Cruise Review by sistersfirstcruise
Carnival Glory
Member Rating   Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Pleasantly surprised! Will cruise again
Let me start by saying that I am an All Inclusive resort type of person. I have wanted to do a cruise for a long time, but DH hates water so getting him on a boat...Better chances of the Montreal Canadians advancing to round 2 in this years playoffs (all you hockey lovers will get that)

Anyway, my sister and I decided to go together.

We booked an Ocean Suite (if this is my 1 and only cruise ever, I want to enjoy it and not be cramped in the room)

Since we had the OS, we had priority boarding. We arrived at the port at 10:45 (ish) and from the time we were handing our luggage to the porters to the time we were at the Atrium bar was 20 min MAX. There was no line up anywhere in the cruise terminal.

We went to Guys Burgers first and let me tell you...... I do not eat burgers as a rule, that was an amazing burger. We each had another one later on.

We waited for our room to be ready so we could drop our stuff off. Back out to get another drink and check things out. To the muster station for the drill. We went back to our room after and while in there we started pulling away from the dock so up we ran.

We had Your Time Dining which I am very happy about. We actually only ate in the Main Dining room twice. We stuck to the buffet for the most part. And I almost forgot, Blue Iguana Cantina had awesome taco's and burrito's.

All the drinks we had were really good, service was good as well. My only complaint about bar service, was I was shocked at how lacking it was. The cruise lines constantly say that they make their money on alcohol sales, well if that is the case, they did not make any money on this one. We were approached once at dinner each time in the dining room. Service was slow as well.

Our room steward Jan was amazing. Wesaw him everyday in the hallway, he was always asking how we were enjoying ourselves and if we had a good time in port, ect.. I am sure they ask everybody, but I liked it.

Food was ok. Not fantastic, but not bad either.

We never had to skip any ports due to weather. We were the only ship in each port with the exception of Cozumel. Jewel of the Seas was there as well. It was great to have a 'quiet' experience in each port.

Weather- Carnival has no control over that, but there was no rain during the day at all, nor at night that I know of.

We did the Salsa andSalsa tour in Cozumel. That was a hoot. Had a blast.

Belize- just walked around and did some shopping.

Roatan- Maya Key Private Island- snorkeling with lunch. Had a lot of fun, wish there was more time in port.

Grand Cayman- we did Fat Fish Adventures jet ski, everybody else had cancellled through the night due to an apparent storm? It apparently did but it was hot and sunny when we arrived!!! I reviewed each excursion seperate on Trip Advisor.

We also did theBehind the Fun tour on the last sea day. The water was a bit rough and when we were doing thetour, more than 1 person was feeling sick. I had trouble keeping my breakfast down. But we loved the tour.

I hear people ask all the time, can you tell you are on a boat? YES. It never made me sick (except the 3 hours of the tour) but you could feel the rocking. And it was nice at bed time, the gentle rocking helped put me to sleep.

Would I cruise again, ABSOLUTELY

Would I do Carnival again, Most likely.

If anybody hasany questions, please ask.

Publication Date: 05/14/13