Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Maryeveryday: Pleasant but not spectacular

Overall Member Rating

Pleasant but not spectacular

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas

Norwegian Sky cruise was pleasant; I knew what to expect since I had been on the same ship/same cruise in 2008. No, it isn't like the higher end cruise lines, but here are the positives: food is mostly good to excellent Service is very good in the restaurants and public areas. Clean ship; cabins quiet; entertainment enjoyable. Embarking and disembarking is fantastic. Hardly took any time at all, even going through customs.

The bad: Italian restaurant was abysmal; NCL could handle the buffets better (food often room temp or cold, a few unpleasant attendants); it was obvious the ship needs updating and restoration (e.g., rust in the bathroom); and surprisingly: there were 2 desk chairs on my balcony (yes, desk chairs, not deck chairs). Extremely uncomfortable. Other balconies had deck furniture, but not mine. Enrichment? what enrichment? Since I had been on this same ship 3 years earlier, I felt the ship and service dropped a notch. It wasn't awful, but this is More not the ship I would rush to recommend to someone without giving them the caveats first. It is an older ship and doesn't have the best itinerary, but for a quick getaway, it was fine. Less

Published 05/14/13

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: IA9130 Mid-Ship Inside

It was fine; nothing to rave about. Balcony had 2 wooden desk chairs and a dinky side table; other balconies had deck furniture.

Read All Mid-Ship Inside (IA) Reviews >>

Beach Break

Was driven around the island, stopped at an extremely small shopping area, then finished at Taino beach.

City Tour

City tour was ok; basically learned about the economy of the island. It was informative but if someone thought they would see historical areas or beautiful landscapes, they would be disappointed. I frankly don't think there are any . . . . except the ocean/beaches, of course. Went to Taino beach. Surf was rough so could not swim.

Atlantis

Atlantis was wonderful. I had a day pass and was restricted to the aquarium, grounds, restaurant and beaches. Atlantis' campus is huge and there is a ton of things to do. The aquarium was neat but it seemed to me to need to have the tanks cleaned. There were many places to swim - lagoons, swimming pools, the aqua adventure. I wasn't sure if I was restricted from the pools, but the surf was extremely rough and I was afraid of rip currents. So I did go into a pool; no one said anything. It was lovely . . . .
Read 136 Atlantis Reviews

Atlantis Aquarium

Bussed to Paradise Island to the Atlantis resort. A quick short ride.

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Maryeveryday
Member Since 2011
13 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X