Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by UpstateNYcruiser65: May 2013 Cruise to Bermuda

UpstateNYcruiser65
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

May 2013 Cruise to Bermuda

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

Let me start out by saying after reading some of the reviews about this ship I was a bit down thinking I was going spend my 8 day cruise on a stinky ship... this was NOT THE CASE whatsoever! We didn't experience any smells of this kind once leaving the port in Baltimore.

We loved the cruise. We had a fantastic time both on the ship and on the island of Bermuda.

During the first night we experienced a storm which left the boat rocking over some 21 foot waves! Quite a few people were not feeling well and most stayed closer to their rooms or deck chairs until the seas quieted down that evening. I found customer service was giving out great motion sickness pills and took one every 12 hours for the duration of the cruise. I get carsick easily so keeping the medication working was well worth it for me.

Our state attendant Hart was great, he kept the room neat and clean. We didn't see him much as we were out and about most of the day. He did a very nice More job.

Our dining staff head waiter Jordan along with Willie did a magnificent job!!! We were very pleased with our dining experience. The food was delicious and the service was even better. Both of these gentlemen were very attentive and we never had to ask for anything twice. GREAT TEAM!

Our bartender during dinner was just as important. Forgive me if I don't spell her name right but I am pretty sure it was Aqu (AKU). We had her for our evening meals and caught her upstairs on the deck during the day. She was wonderful and also very attentive.

One person I have to give a shout out to is Alfonso! He greeted us just about every morning at the Windjammer! We were on the 8th deck right below the Windjammer and as soon as we rounded the corner to the stairs we could hear him greeting people with a loud and cheery good morning. In my opinion, they should keep Alfonso right there every morning. It was a great start to the day.

Roe at the Schooner bar took very good care of us every night. The entertainment director Jimmy and his staff were fun. Jimmy cracked me up with his humor.

We were docked in Bermuda from Sunday afternoon until Tuesday evening. That gave us ample time to check out the island and all it had to offer. I recommend going to Horseshoe Bay and do the kayaking for sure. The snorkeling trip was somewhat disappointing as we felt like where we snorkeled didn't have any sights to offer. The islands were beautiful though.

The trip back was just as entertaining as the trip there. We had such a relaxing time. We enjoyed the entertainment and people watching!

Two thumbs up! Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 4 8013

Room was roomy enough for as log as we spent in it. Just to dress and sleep!