Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by RCL4lfye: Amazing, Amazing Ship, Cant say the same about the staff!

RCL4lfye
0 Post

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Amazing, Amazing Ship, Cant say the same about the staff!

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Other

Okay so let me start off by saying that you can probably tell form my username that I love Royal Carri bean. This was my third Royal Caribbean Cruise along with my wife, and the ship is breathtaking. It is just gorgeous, the engineers are amazing for putting something like this together. but to not take up to much time I will sum up the good and the bad.

Crowds:

Believe it or not the ship never felt overwhelming with crowds, With the exception of the parades but that was to be expected. If you want to enjoy any of the shows and get a great seat, heed this warming, EVEN with reservations you should be ready to wait inline for your show 45 minutes prior to your show any later than that and you will be in the back. But if you dont mind it then dont worry about it. But I have to say they did a great job of providing enough activities that you never feel like your never being overwhelmed with crowds. Even on the Zipline my wait time was probably 15 minutes. the Florider can More get pretty backed up but it all depends whos riding it, if its someone thats good they could be on the thing for 10 to 15 minutes at one time. but if your lucky and people keep wiping out you will get a turn in 5. so Florider is hit or miss.

Included Food:

Well the food I wasnt too impressed with as far as included dining was concerned. The Dog House was mediocre at best. The bread was rock hard IMO. BUT the Park Cafe if you can get there while it open it closes at 6 everyday. th Roast Beef sandwich is amazing no doubt about that. The rumors are true the Sandwich is amazing. they also had create your own salad bar which looked tasty and they had Paninis as well, and plenty of sides to choose from. Sorrentos had pretty amazing pizza, and the inclusion to build your own personal pizza was a genius Idea!. The Cafe Promenade though. They really love using ham salami and all pork only on One day did they have a Turkey sandwich and it had some not so appetizing cranberry sauce in it. But I did request for a plain turkey sandwich and they made one for me. But still the cookies were stale and the sandwiches were nothing to rave about. for late night eats, stick to Sorrentos. Wipeout Cafe had great breakfast and the fresh omelets were good. But I did not go there for lunch. The Windjammer surprisingly to me had the BEST Service as well as great selection of food for lunch and Dinner. I enjoyed the Windjammer food more than the MDR food which To me was very mediocre.

Fee Foods:
I only ate at 2 places in which you have to pay for that was Izumis and Johnny Rockets. First Izumis, nothing but great things the food was great wife and I ordered the hot rocks and we cooked our own food, the service was excellent and worth the extra money. Johnny Rockets, on the other hand the burger i ordered was tasteless and although the onion rings and fries were great to me it isnt worth the extra money, I could've had a burger of equal quality at the windjammer. but thats just my opinion. One thing that really got me upset is on one of the seadays they had Cotton candy and popcorn on the boardwalk for the kids but guess what. They CHARGED or it, 2.25 for Cotton candy and 2.00 for a small popcorn, cmon how greedy can you guys get It cost nothing to make that stuff and all the money we paid you have the nerve to charge for Cotton candy and popcorn which is something so small but they charge for it, and let snot forget the additional 15 percent gratuity for everything you do smh. hopefully they change this in the future.

Room Attendant/bar waiter service:

I really which I didnt have to write this because with Royal Caribbean I always had great room attendants but my guy was just horrible. he seemed like he was high the whole time, I couldn't understand what he was saying and it seemed like he would yes me to death and not do anything i requested. for starters, I did not realize that Royal Caribbean does NOT have the room attendants do the animals for you every night. I do know that they never do it on the first sailing day, BUT in my past experiences they did every other day of the cruise. Well for my first 7 day cruise we only has an animal Twice, and as silly as this sounds it is something that my wife and I always looked forward to when going back to our room at night. I even left out my sunglasses and hat for him to use on Formal night number 2 and he simply moved it aside and made nothing, the next day I had explained to him that my wife loves seeing animals in her room when she come sin, I even slipped him a little something extra to make it happen and he assured me he would take care of it.well guess what we came back to our room that night and again!! no animal :(, so I told myself man this guy is something else, the next day I noticed that one of our sheets had a very noticeable stain on it, I placed the blue card that asked the attendant to make up my room. and noticed the sheet was left there, the level of detail and service on this ship was not what I experienced on the explorer which is a lower class ship but had AWESOME service attendants and bar waiters. I was at the pool and asked a bar waiter for a miller lite, Keep in mind all you have to do is unscrew and serve. I did not see him for 25 minutes. I timed it. I get that they are busy but i did not experience the attitude or slowness of the staff on the navigator or explorer. I think its due to th fact that RCL not imposes the tips on your seapass account and these people know they are getting tips regardless and just dont care. I really dont know what it is but Royal really needs to get a hang on there people. the Bar Tenders on the other hand were excellent. I found if I get my own drink, not only were the drinks much much better. But the Bar tenders were alot more friendlier as well.

Shows:

With the exception of Chicago, every single show on that ship was world class, Ocean aria was amazing, blue planet equally amazing, the comedy was Great, The ICE games ice show was awesome I got the throw the DICE!! for Monopoly. all in all I have nothing bad to say about the shows, except for Chicago, IM a new Yorker I love Broadway, but this show has run its course its been there since the ship started and the show seriously needs to be changed already, but other than that all other shows were world class. BTW the headliner show was not that great either, he was a comedian who was also an impressionist, but he was boring after 5 minutes.

OVERALL:

Overall I would definitely do this Cruise ship again and again even if the service and my room attendant dint do what I asked just because of how amazing the ship really is!!!!. My recommendation is to do it, you may have a different room attendant and you may have different experience with bar service because honestly those were the only things wrong with this cruise overall.... Royal if you guys are reading this remember its the little things we care about not making us our animals and the chocolates on the pillows and charging for popcorn and cotton candy on the boardwalk knowing kids would walk around and want some, cmon man thats low..... Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Strm w/Bal Deck 6 8668

the Cabin was small but had some very nice modern touches. Ipod Dock compatible with 4 and 4 s not 5. and the flat screen was a nice touch as well. it was also right next to Central park and right next to Dazzle's and even with the late night music it did not travel into our room

Dune Buggy

AWESOME EXCELLENT TOUR for 89 dollars great bargain great deal and the food was excellent!!!!

Dunn's River Falls

AWESOME GREAT EXPERIENCE A MUST DO IF YOU GO TO JAMICA

its too commercialized and in the one section they allow locals they hound you like crazy you dont have the exprience to just shop, without the Zipline which was the only thing we saw worth doing, there isnt much this island offers that others cannot. also it was EXTREMELY HOT!!!.
Read 366 Labadee Reviews