Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by cruisingpreacher: First Time Cruiser - 5 Day Western Caribbean
Member Since 2013
Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean Cruises
First Time Cruiser - 5 Day Western Caribbean
This was my wife and I's first cruise after 8 years of wedding bliss! :)
2.) Cheaper and Reliable ($5.99/day)
3.) Good people and quick service
1.) Arrive Early - This way you can eat lunch and relax, no stress and enjoy the views. Take pics from the
ship and upload to your facebok / instagram / tweet while you still can - ship boards at 12/12:30pm
2.) Your bags could arrive at your cabin late (we got ours at 6pm) , so if you don't want to stay in your
"boarding/travel" clothes, bring a change of clothes in a book bag/carry on.
TRAVEL - FOOD
1.) Bring a "Tervis Tumbler" or something like that for your cold/hot drinks
2.) Sodas are expensive on board, there is a $6/day bottomless soda per person, but that adds up, we
brought a 24 pack of coke and it lasted (Tea/Water/Lemonade/Coffee) are free
3.) If you like creamer, bring More your own!! They don't have any, just sugar/substitutes
4.) Breakfast - Good and all you can eat
5.) Lunch many options outside on the deck and inside
6.) Dinner - delicious and lots of cool new things to try (if you like sitting with and meeting new people, set your dinner time, if you want to be alone (although you'll be sitting close to others and meet them most likely) get YOUR TIME DINING which is what we did and we loved the freedom.
TRAVEL - SERVICE
1.) Even through gratuity is included I always had $2-3 to leave on the bed each day for the steward and
maybe a $1 for room service...you get special treatment and they are great people
2.) (We don't drink so we never tipped the guys selling alcohol, i would imagine they would want a little
3.) You'll love your waiter for your dinners - they are with you all week, they are good to give a few bucks to for dinners as well
4.) total $6/day for everyone not bad considering all they do and how little you ACTUALLY spend on a cruise if you do it right
TRAVEL - DRESS
1.) "Dress Up Night" is no longer super fancy! Nice slacks and a polo are good...i wore a v-neck under
a blazer and suit jacket. - My wife still wore a nice dress as did many women on the trip
2.) There are no irons so purchase "Downey Wrinkle Spray" OR a Steamer - Make sure you have a 3
plug surge protector as there is only 2 plugs in the cabin (1 by the bed, 1 in the bathroom above the
mirror) There is also a very good youtube video on how to fold suits if you don't have a garment bag
3.) Shorts during the day, bathing suit, flip flops.
4.) 2 outfits per day to be safe (Closets are huge and you will have enough room)
TRAVEL - EXCURSIONS
1. Grand Caymen - We didn't do anything other than take a taxi to the Royal Beach and loaf. It's a short excursion day (back at the boat by 2pm) so we spent
- $3 for Taxi each way (they wills ay $5, you can ask them "privately" if they will do $3)
- $5 for each beach chair and $5 for an umbrella (there is a guy who gives water with the purchase,
get that one cause you get a free water per $5 purchase
- Lunch is kind of expensive there so my wife and I brought a snack to the beach and got on the
boat at 1pm and ate lunch there...much cheaper and all you can eat!
- JEEP AND CAVERN EXCURSION
- By far the BEST THING I'VE EVER DONE AND WORTH EVERY PENNY! it's $99/Adult. ITS A
- VERY LONG EXCURSION (7hrs) which is why i wanted to go with Carnival to book...i know i'd be
back and they understood the importance of being back to the ship on time
- You drive your jeeps to a cavern located on the mainland (25-30min drive) Make sure you can
drive stick, or you'll be a passenger.
- They do have 1 automatic but thats taken pretty fast.
- They take you through the cavern walking then you dive into a cold freshwater cavern.
- Bring your own snorkel gear or you'll be renting all the time (in each excursion) and for
what you spend in renting, you can buy 2 really good ones at Walmart or your local Scuba
- When you get to the beach/lunch site after the cavern dive ORDER THE BACON
WRAPPED CHEESE STUFFED SHRIMP - HOLY AMAZING!!!!!!! Also get the wings, they
will be the best you ever ate
- You are there for 2 hours so eat, then relax under a canopy or swim in the amazing beach
- My wife is a singer so we did Karaoke, which was fun at times when people were there...sometimes it was empty so we left, there is a "Super karaoke" which was with a live band...TONS OF FUN
- The games they did and the dances on the Lido Deck were tons of fun
- The 18+ Comedy was raunchy and filled with unnecessary expletives, but if you don't mind that then
they are okay (we had 1 really funny guy and 1 really bad and not funny at all woman)
- Shows - cheesy, but fun...(depends on your age)
- Talent show was great
THINGS WE DIDN'T LIKE
- There were A LOT of drunk people acting like fools - it wasn't even close to funny and most of the time disrupting things we were doing
- There was a used condom in the elevator (most likely from a drunk person or very disgusting prank)
- There were girls in the dining room that wore thongs even though there were kids present, i thought
this was so disrespectful and actually got into an argument with a girl who was drunk and wearing one
of these bikinis cause she tried to cut in the line and i told her to move to the back...they revoked her
drinking card because she already charged 10 beers and 3 Daquiris to her account and it was only
- Get out to the deck early or it'll be hard to find a chair
- lots of pee in the pool - thats what you get when you have people drinking and swimming AND kids.
- IT'S A LONG PROCESS
- If you can bring just a few bags and carry your own bags out, you'll get out first...but you can't enjoy the buffet cause it's so fast
- If you want to relax and eat breakfast, let them take your bags...we were out by 11am (boat docked at 8am
Hope this helps! Less
Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Paradise Review >>
Cabin review: Carnival Paradise Oceanview Main U215
Port and Shore Excursions
Good but could have been bette...
Smoke and Lines and Crowds, OH...
Never a Dull Moment!