Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Darcy00

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 1A
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Carnival Pride
This was the first cruise for my husband and me, we chose the Pride because it sailed out of Baltimore and for the price.

Our Experience

Port easy to find was dropped off, gave our luggage immediately to the ummm luggage guy, walked a short distance to security to a fast moving line. Cleared security in under ten minutes then on to the ticket counter under five minutes then stright to the ship. Found our cabin in two minutes dropped off our carry on luggage went to lido deck/mermaid lounge for a meal. Time span from being dropped off to eating my first yummy Pride reuben... Thirty minutes.

Our cabin was pleasently a nice size and very clean and quiet. Was worried about casino noise or butterfly lounge music but never heard one thump of bass . Noise/shutters from ship engines was detectable at times but nothing bothersome. There is only one outlet and no clothes irons, curling irons or flat irons are allowed. I did see some clothing irons confiscated by security at baltimore. Our cabin was supplied with a hair drier and there was a laundry room avaible for passenger use that had a iron. Or pressing and dry cleaning was offered by Carnival for a fee.

The crew was very friendly and we were called by name 95 percent of the time.

There are reproduction art through out the ship by the masters ...

I find it very strange and sad people complain about naked figures depicted in some of the art

displayed. This should be a non issue.

The food was very good, we enjoyed every meal served in the Normandie . Varied, tasty and interesting choices. The dinning room staff was excellent. We chose any time dinning and most nights wait time to be seated was under ten minutes. I personally found the waiter dance to be embarassing and felt they were treated like performing monkeys .

Trivia games were fun and Im the proud owner of a " ship on a stick"

I found the pool lido deck area to be loud with music and children. And never sat or enjoyed this part of the ship

Serenity adult only area was nice, much needed reprive from other peoples ill behaved children.

I found the spa offerings to be overpriced

The gym was clean and well equiped.

The fun shops had nothing different to offer you couldnt find in any tourist shop.

The women who worked in the candy/ cake shop was very helpful and sweet.

Entertainment was good

"Art auction " was bizarre, would suggest you dont waste your time unless as a look into what being part of a cult must be like.

We had some very rough weather with over seventy mile hour winds , we were unable to dock at Freeport which was a shame but would rather of course do what is safe. I did find the lack of information given regarding the weather and length of time we would experience cruising in a washing machine disconsorting. Felt very cutoff from the world during the storm with no information being supplied by Carnival. But the captain did have a sexy accent which almost made me forget we could die when he did give us minimal information annoucements.

The photo taking/ buying prints was boardering on obnoxious .

It was not hard to find a quiet corner on the ship to just read an afternoon away, or watch the hypnotizing ocean.

My husband finally got up the nerve to sing karaokie after much conjoling and wicked promises given by me. Was fun to watch him sing with the band instead of just track music. Superstar Live karaoke was fun alternative to regualar karaoke, which was offered also.

There was a tea in the Normandie at three in the afternoon on sea days. Was very nice, We were by no means hungrey at three , would suggest the food offerings be smaller in size and the tea be loose leaves. And would have been nice during tea if they would cordone off a area of the room and then let you sit were you want instead of being sat by a hostess.

Sit down breakfast in the normandie was great, one morning the hostess sat us with two other random couples. Not sure why, all other mornings we sat by our selves. But it was an interesting breakfast, one couple was on their 25Th cruise. Said days of old all meals were formal with assigned times and you sat with strangers . Its nice for a change to sit with new people but im glad now they offer you a choice.

We tried the casino a couple times, we are not big gamblers but my husband won enough to pay for some drinks and a gift for his mom so i would consider that as successful casino visits.

There was a male singer, i believe he was filipino , I wish I got his name, was just a fantastic performer. I was hoping the ship would offer " how to " classes on some table games but atlas they didnt so I stuck to video poker and yes the the quater sliding level game called me a couple times.

Randomness

The most negative aspect of the cruise (and this includes sea sickness crazy storm episode) was sad to say , my fellow passengers. Some give no thought of walking around in public in there unattractive sleeping clothes all day. Some dont care how loud, rude and/or dirty their children are, or how much food they waste. Everybody pays higher cost because some fill their plates high and just walk away with out eating, its criminal! Some are unbelievably rude to the crew. I wont babble on about this topic but I do hope they get a most unpleasant comeuppance. I hope Carnival continues to enforce its dress code. Hats at dinner? Booty shorts? No shoes on the seven year old ? Some are just crass,crude, clueless Was great when staff denied them access! All the rule breakers were annoying. Not sure why they proudly espouse how to get around certain rules ( bringing booze on board, disembarking protocols, using hotel guests only shuttles/beaches etc) on message boards. You can tell what kind of people would do those kind of activities, ick!

Positives: Always some fun activity being offered. Very clean. Great staff. Great food.

We would most assuredly cruise again on the Pride!

Publication Date: 05/10/13