Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by blue-noser

Member Name: blue-noser
Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: D4

Oasis April 13/2013
We have cruise before but this was our first time on RCCL. We chose the OofS since we wanted to try a mega-ship, , get some much needed sun and also try RCCL to see if it was something we may want to try again.see what the rave was about

It was big. Very big. Too big.Too busy. Like an amusement park that floats.

It is easier to say what we didn't like rather than the other way round.

First, being charged for every thing that on other lines are normally included. A $5.00 fresh OJ. Only did that once. Some coffees and water. Nickle and dime to the Nth degree.

Second, smoking in some of the lounges. Dazzles comes first to mind. As an ex-smoker, the idea of smoking/non-smoking sections in an area with no specific ventilation is ridiculous. Same as having a peeing corner in a public pool. It goes everywhere eventually. Also smoking areas next to the pools. Stupid comes to mind there

Third. RCCL says safety is a major concern. I say a ship crew member on the after crane mount there with no harness,no railings around the crane and no sentry. Remember, the employer should practice due diligence regarding workplace safety for passengers and crew.

Will we return to the OofS and RCCL ? Most likely not. Am I being picky, possibly. Other than some WOW factors, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

We liked the MDR. Food was not as good as our last cruise lines, but the hardworking staff made up for it and so did our tablemates. The Windjammer was good too though at times very crowded.

The cabin was fine, nothing special. The attendant,Freddy from Columbia was excellent.

Central Park is truly a sight to see.

The specialty restaurants, 150 Central, Giovannie's, Zumi's and Chops are all worth a visit.

The shows are OK. Just OK. However, the aqua theater is something that is a must to see.

These are jut mu opinions. I suggest anyone thinking of going on the OofS, read about the ship and talk to people who have been on it first. Not all is as in the brochures.

I must mention that for such a large ship in fairly calm seas, it moves. Not a lot, but as much as ships much smaller than it. I could feel it. Maybe just me.

Publication Date: 05/10/13