Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Traveling_fool: Always Have a Good Time

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Always Have a Good Time

Sail Date: April 2013

We always enjoy meeting new people and look forward to our assigned dinner seating. We were told on booking that we couldn't choose our table size, so we were a little disappointed when we were seated at a table for 4. Well, the other couple assigned to our table never showed up, so it was just the two of us all week. :( We enjoyed our servers and they made us feel special. We did get to meet people at the open seatings for breakfast and lunch, but I wish we could have chosen a larger table.

We also enjoy the song and dance shows in the main theater, but this cruise, the sound volume was off the charts. We sat through 2 shows, with our fingers in our ears most of the show, and decided not to even attend the third show. We weren't the only ones, I noticed others holding their ears also.

It seemed that Carnival was experimenting with 'family' comedy shows on this cruise. The show we attended, in my opinion, bombed, as it was geared toward five year olds. We have More not been happy with the 'adult' shows in the past, so we were pleased to see that they were doing a 'family' show. Well, it should have been called a 'kids' show. It was obvious that the comedian was used to doing adult only shows and didn't know any comedy for all ages. You can do comedy that is geared towards adults, but is not offensive - Carnival should figure out how to do this. We go to an over 21 comedy club in our town often, and it is not offensive and we always enjoy it.

We live in Florida, so we drove to the port and parked in the parking garage. We chose to carry our bags off the ship on disembarkation. The process was easy and we were in our car and on our way home by 8 am. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Verandah 8357

I think our room was directly below one of the kitchens of the Mediterranean Dining room, as we could hear what sounded like carts rolling back and forth above us until about 1 am every night.

I think you have to be a diver to really appreciate this island, which we are not. I was excited about going here, as we had never been to Grand Turk. We took a taxi to 'downtown' and were dropped off in an area that didn't look like anything I was expecting. The brochure mentioned historic 18th century buildings and I was looking forward to taking pictures of these. We didn't see anything that fit that description. We did find the National Museum, which was well worth the $5. entrance fee. We then took a taxi back, asking to be dropped off at Jack's Shack, which I had heard about online. (You can print out a coupon for a free rum shot) We enjoyed a lunch of Jerk Chicken and local beer, and of course, our rum shots, before walking down the beach, back to the ship. If you have children with you, (we did not) you would probably enjoy spending the day at Margaritaville, which is walking distance from the ship.

Just thought we'd check out the beach and then have lunch on the island at the buffet. The beach was crowded, and it didn't look like we would find an empty lounge chair. As we stood there pondering whether we should just get back on the ship, a woman tapped me on the shoulder and said the she was heading back to the ship, and would we like her clam shell sun shade. After trying, unsuccessfully, to give her something toward the cost, we enjoyed the shade on the beach until it was time to go to lunch. It was a nice relaxing day.

Hadn't been to Nassau in a long time, so was pleased to see how nice it was. We visited the Pirates Museum and stopped at a local restaurant for a lunch of Conch Fritters and local beer.
Read 2665 Nassau Reviews