Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by lilghallinsf

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by lilghallinsf
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: lilghallinsf
Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: insdie
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Two gay guys take a cruise and have an inside state room
This was my seventh cruise and my first on Celebrity. This was my partners first cruise ever. I was very nervous that he wouldn't enjoy himself, as he is very much a metropolitan type and not always prone to relax on the beach.

We are both in our 40's. I am 47 and he is 42 and live in San Francisco.

My very first cruise was on Disney almost 14 years ago with only my mom. I took her to honor my father after he passed away. He had taken my sister and I to Disney world every year of our lives and I wanted to honor him by taking my mom on this trip. I was obsessed with cruising since that trip. I have to admit that as a child, I also loved the Love Boat and that made me want to go all the more.

I have also cruised on a couple of three day cruises to Naussau on very cheap cruise lines, once on a carnival (not my scence) a seven day on the Golden Princess years ago and a wonderful 14 day transatlantic on Royal Carribean. I was very excited to try Celebrity because of the wonderful reviews of the ship and the idea that it was not a party boat but more of a W on the seas.

I booked this trip back in October and gave it to him for Christmas. We both were excited to go and loved every minute of it.

We flew into Fort Lauderdale a few days early and stayed there. We took a shuttle from the Fort Lauderdale airport to the port of Miami that I had reserved in advance. It was raining on that Saturday and the shuttle was late. However, they were more than accommodating and got us there safely with several other people going on a carnival cruise. You could tell the difference in the demeanor of the people traveling. The carnival cruise people were all about the party and we were all about the beauty of the ship and the excitement of the cruise.

Were checked in around 1:30 and walked directly on the ship. There was not much a of line and our check in was quick and easy. My partner has two last names and the only thing that slowed us down was the name on his passport and the name on the reservation were not the same. I had left off one of his names and they had to reprint the cards to let us on the ship.

As many have stated, we were greeted with a glass of champagne and slowly started making our way around the ship. Our rooms was already available and we dropped off our only bag we brought with us. We went upstairs and had a nice lunch prior to the sail away. It was super exciting leaving out of the port and everyone on board was excited to start the journey.

We had an inside stateroom on deck 9 and it was spacious and super clean. I debated about getting a balcony, but for the $1000 more, I figured I could invest that money elsewhere. We were rarely in our room and I didn't feel the least bit slighted not having the balcony. I have had them before and didn't feel I didn't it this trip.

There was plenty of storage. I can say that bringing small foldable storage bins from ikea helped with the storage above the bed. We kept our socks and underwear in those. I can imagine that a woman might like to have a little bit more storage but it was adequate for us.

The bathroom was plenty big enough for two people and the storage adequate as well. The shower had great water pressure and I like the glass doors as opposed to a shower curtain.

I won't elaborate too much more as everyone has written great things about the ship.

We did like the grass on the ship but it was being refurbished most days we were on there. We were never able to get our pictures in the large lawn chairs, but did one day lay in the hammocks the one day they were available. The concert on the lawn was cancelled due to the weather and that was a disappointment.

We loved the sunset bar on the back of the ship and enjoyed the molecular bar as well. With that said, we did have the premium drinks package and thought that was the best buy. There was never a concern with how much we were spending and it felt all inclusive. I had purchased this in advance, since I had cruised before and knew how much of a bar tab one can run up.

The entertainment was just ok to us but we did enjoy the sin city comedian the one night we saw him. It literally was standing room only the night we went. The burlesque dancer seemed silly and that is not because we are gay. We enjoy dita von tesse and this was no dita.

We found the food and service great and feel that living in San Francisco we are qualified to speak on that.

We only ate in one speciality rest, Murano and it was excellent!

St Kitt was a wonderful stop and the only place we did a ships excursion. We did the snorkeling, not the catamaran but the boat snorkeling. The catamaran was sold out and we were glad in the end it was. This gave us more time to snorkel. I am not a snorkeling fan but my partner had never been and wanted to try it. I have done it in the Canary islands, key west and grand caymen. This was my favorite place.

San Juan was interesting but more like an American City and not the old city I wanted to see.

St Marteen was beautiful and the most beautiful water. We hired a taxi driver and just asked him to take us to a private beach. He took us to a super nice beach club we were the only two on the beach. It was amazing.

All in all it was an amazing trip and I highly recommend celebrity and this ship.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Publication Date: 05/09/13