Carnival Pride Cruise Review by leasure: Not a Carnival Fan

Not a Carnival Fan

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My family and I sailed out of Baltimore, Maryland on April 28, 2013. Hoping for a great cruise, like our last one on Royal Caribbean, but it was not to be. I know they can't do anything about the weather, but it sure dampened our days.

The food was OK and just OK. Nothing to write home about. Every morning it was the same thing at the Mermaid Grill. The layout of the Mermaid is really bad. Long lines and people trying to get from one station to another. We had to wonder around for 20 minutes to find a free table. Most cruises have a buffet open till at least 11pm but the Prides buffets close at 3pm. After that its standing in a long for pizza or in the deli line. Really sick of pizza and deli stuff after 3 days. Long lines at the burger and hot dog grill. Again not worth the wait. Room Service is a joke. The Normandy dining room would post times it was to be open, we would show up at that time only to find the time was changed. We only went one night, wasn't worth the More hassle. This is one cruise you can LOOSE weight.

There are two pools in an area that is 75% closed. The wind and rain was awful and it was so COLD, but they didn't close the roof so that the pools and hot tub could be enjoyed. One excursion was cancelled because of the rough water and the other one, because of the weather, was just a waste of money. The over 21 area was really small. If you wanted a place there, plan on being there at 7am and not moving. The first time cruisers may never cruise again after taking a chance on the Carnival Pride. Not a Carnival fan and I was so glad when pulled back into Baltimore. We docked at 8 am and we was not disembarked until 11 am. The one good thing I can say is that the stateroom was beautiful. The artwork thru out the ship is just down right gaudy. Naked men, women and children on every wall thru out the ship. The theater productions were really good. I did enjoy those. To sum it up, I'm sure I'll not do another Carnival cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride

Our stateroom was beautiful and roomy.

Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day

(2)
Bad weather. Rained all day and it was cold. The water was too cold to swim in. Lunch was messy. Waste of money.