Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Husney

Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: D5
Member Rating   Not Rated
Public Rooms 5+

Oasis of the Seas. Fabulous trip!
Everyhing about the cruise was just about perfect. From the easy embarkation at Fort Lauderdale to disembarkation going home. We actually made an 8AM flight out of FLL!

I thought the food on this cruise was one of the best features. Everywhere we ate was good (Windjammer) to excellent (main dining room). We had the same waiter every evening and he was wonderful. We saw all the shows again they were terrific! For a full ship we did not feel the pressure of all the people.

I think that the amount of space and various venues around the ship help to spread people out. The only complaint that I would have is the smoking in Bollero's in the promanade. This is also the first cruise where I didn't feel hammered by crew members trying to push drinks everywhere. Maybe RCCL has come to its senses and realizes that people do not need to be bullied into buying drinks.

The ports of call were okay. We did not get off the ship in Cozumel as we have been many times before and enjoyed the empty ship. The solarium area is magnificent--lots of comfy lounge chairs and always a place to sit. We enjoyed the Boardwalk-lots of fun things. Lunch at the Seafood shack was good. I was not as in love with the Central Park area. I found it hot and humid and consequently we did not spend much time there. It is very pretty however and lunch at the cafe there was good. All in all a fabulous trip. I would recommend that everyone try this size ship at least once.

Publication Date: 05/09/13