Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Santel49: First time pleasant surprise

First time pleasant surprise

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

My husband always wanted to do a cruise, I do not like boats so wasn't too keen, but we saw an I telnet advert and I appended to say I liked the sou d of the itinary, that was it! Within an hour everything was booked and I worried " what had I done!" The day came and we flew to Rome for an overnight stay, so we saw a little of Rome's wonderful history but not enough its a good excuse to return ! We had a limo picking us up at 10am and we had a lovely young lady who gave us a guided tour out of Rome to the port on time no problems.it was a great way to start the holiday. We quickly found our way through all the checks and on to the Norwegian Jade, our cabin was not ready so we had a drink and explored the bat- it was big!! Our cabin was soon ready and our cases were waiting for us, we were impressed with the cabin, some people say they are small but we have a caravan and it was larger than that so we were very pleased. We then went to see what the restaurants had to offer, what a More wonderful selection, The Garden Room was the buffet and had a great selection for all tastes, some day were themed menus so you could try unknown foods, if you wanted to be served The Grand Pacific and The Alizar had a very similar menu on offer, I found the portions were good, served quickly, warm and tasty, I am quite a fussy eater and liked almost everything I had.

Then there was the staff, what can we say? They were always smiling, always helpful, the " washy washy" staff always made us smile the staff were cleaning everything. It was good to see.

Our first stop was Naples and through this site had found an advert for 6 others to join an excursion to Positano, Sorento and Pompei, with Rome in Limo, we gathered together at 8am, 4 ladies from New York and another husband and wife from USA, we all to on well thank goodness, our driver/guide was Giovanni he was fabulous explaining everything we saw to us, we had an hour to ourselves in both Positano and Sorento and he took us to a fabulous restaurant for lunch, all the food was freshly made and good prices, on we went to Pompei where we met Libby our guide, she showed us around and was very informative, we had two hours in Pompei loved every minute of it, then it was back to the boat, would recommend Rome in Limo excellent service.

On we went to Messina, did our own thing, got on a hop on hop off bs tour and was disappointed by the amount of rubbish piled up in the streets perhaps a sign of the times?

We did our own thing at all our other stops, Dubrovnik being our favourite, if you visit do visit the walls but beware of the bees as I got stung leaning over to look at the wonderful smelling trees which I thought were Jasmine, quite a shock but was OK. We went to the Stardust theatre each evening some shows were more entertaining than others, loved group of 4 men called 4ever they were like Il Divio voices, and the magician was out of this world, last night show was called Elements and was terrific. we spent many hours sitting in Magnums bar listening to Adam Farmer from Birmingham UK great entertainment. The only thing I did not really enjoy was the tender that ferried us into Split, bit too rocky for my liking! All in all I have been converted although I might not say that if we had had rough seas, I could feel the boat rolling at times but nothing too bad, we would go on a other cruise especially with NCL, we have no complaints. Less

Read more Norwegian Jade cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jade Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jade Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 9 10640

Wonderful not to be missed

Nice walk round town, found a pub to get free wifi
Read 126 Kotor Reviews

Fantastic must see Pompei
Read 643 Naples Reviews

Found this a little boring soon back on boat
Read 140 Split Reviews