Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by joanc88:

Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Sail Date: April 2013

We were afraid that with such a big ship, it might get too crowded so we wanted a larger cabin to hang out in case we needed the peace and quiet. It was very spacious and being on the 17th floor with a special key entrance made it feel very private and exclusive.
Hotel in Ft Lauderdale-We arrived a day early just in case there were any delays. We rented a car and stayed in Deerfield Beach at the Embassy Suites, great place, we crossed a small street and were on the beach. The pool attendant even gave us some beach toys to use. The evening cocktails and appetizers was included as well as a full breakfast. We dropped the car off at Dollar which was very close to the entrance to the port and took their shuttle.
Embarkation-We followed the email from RCL asking us not to get to the pier before 12:30 due to US Customs being short staffed, but a lot of guests still arrived early. When we showed them our Set Sail pass, we were quickly escorted to the suite line and checking More was a breeze.
Room-My sobs were surprised at the room since I didn't tell them about it. We had 1730, which gave a great view of the Aquatheatre, Boardwalk, Sports deck, Zipline and some of the flow rider. With the binoculars in the cabin, you can see faces of the divers. I loved having 2 bathrooms.
Food-We followed the CC recommendation and tried Park Cafe for the roast beef sandwiches and salad. A little crowded, but that was to be expected on first day. I didn't like the waiter in the main seating so the concierge helped us switch over to My Time and we were very happy with our wait team. We ate in the Main dining room all nights except one. The food was decent, the gluten free breads were one of the best I've tasted. My 7 year old loved the character breakfasts, it's a great way to catch all the characters without standing in line. They do a little show and come right to your table. The steak in Chops was similar to the quality you would get in Morton's. Boardwalk Dogs had a good selection of gourmet hot dogs that we all liked. Both my sons loved Sorrentos and I loved that I could order a gluten free crust for my 12 year old, baked fresh. We usually had lunch in the Concierge Club, it was quiet, relaxed and they had fried chicken drummettes that my son would order everyday.
Ports-In Labadee, they had a private area for suite and cabana guests. We stayed in that area the whole time, just played in the water and had lunch. We decided not to get off the ship in Jamaica since we had been there twice on prior cruises. I booked the Tulum ruins and beach break. It was a great history lesson for the kids, they were at the right age for it. I wouldn't suggest it for young kids, it makes for a long day and the rocky paths of Rulum aren't stroller friendly. Lunch was delicious, my husband who doesn't usually like the Mexican food in the US thought the meal was very good. We had enough time to play in the water before taking the ferry back to Cozumel.
Entertainment-With the exception of t he Comedy show, we went to all off the other shows, in fact, my sons loved the ice skating and diving so much we saw those twice. They even sat on the balcony to watch the diving as well. The parades, dance parties, etc...we're all too notch. My little one was disappointed he was one inch too short for the flow rider, my older one tried it. We did attempt to go halfway up on the rock climbing wall.
Disembarkation-This was the first time I've ever had to wait. It was not RCL's fault, the staff was great at directing the flow of guests. This was due to US budget cuts. Unless I counted wrong, they only had about 5 or 6 immigration officers to check out over 5,000 guests. I wish they had a separate line for suite guests like they did for embarkation.
Overall, a great family vacation. Everyone had a great time. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Crown Loft Suite Deck 17 1730

Very pleased with the room, location and service.