Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Bearzrus

Member Name: Bearzrus
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Middle East
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
Celebrate good times!
My partner and I were lucky enough to have booked a two week 'cruise and stay' holiday, very last minute (less than one week before our departure!), with week one on the Thomson Celebration 'Red Sea Cruise' (from Sharm-El-Sheik) and week two at Nubian Island resort in Sharm-El-Sheik. The whole experience was wonderful! Perfect weather every day, the ship was of a good standard, great food, we dined mostly in the Meridian restaurant and definitely worth a visit to the Mistral restaurant too. My partner is gluten free and he was very well catered for with his own menu at every meal.

We did a lot of excursions the first week; Wadi Rum, Petra, Cairo (from Sokhna) Nile cruise, Giza, Luxor and the Valley of the Kings, it was busy but very worth it! We spent about £700 (for the two of us) on the excursions, which seemed a lot, but it was definitely worth it. Yeah the ports are 'industrial' but your in the Middle East not the Caribbean!

The staff are so friendly and I couldn't fault the experience. I had read some negative comments on cruise review sites before the holiday but I just thought they were about other peoples expectations and I'd go with an open mind and I wouldn't let it impact my experience, it worked for me.

We are a gay couple and I had been slightly concerned about the possibility of other cruisers homophobic attitudes but this was mostly unfounded with most people being very friendly. We probably did stand out as the 'only gays on the ship' but it didn't affect our holiday at all. Most people were probably oblivious!

Publication Date: 05/07/13
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Thomson Celebration Reviews