Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Barbiegator

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Barbiegator
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: Barbiegator
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: JS
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Enchantment is the Real Deal
My husband and I were anxious to sail Enchantment from Port Canaveral as we are fortunate to watch the ships leave from our balcony in Cocoa Beach. We also work and volunteer in Lakeland, Fl 3 days a week .

We were really pleased with the cruise and plan to go on her again when we want a short getaway.

Favorites:

Captain Gus was the most fun . He entertained us in activities all over the ship and gives a quote of the day at noon.

Cruise Director John Blair and assistant Katrina ,his wife were the best ever leading the cruisers in ship activities.They celebrated 20th wedding anniversary on our cruise.

We ate at Chops, dining room once, Park Cafe( roast beef sandwiches, make your own salads) and windjammer. Best food we have had on a cruise ship .I usually say disney has the best desserts but this ship now wins my award. The buffet had the usual dessert section but added another section of pan desserts like cobbler and bread puddiing and chocolate and vanilla sauce. Cherry crumble was our favorite.

Freedom is our favorite ship but I admit I loved watching events in centrum. The parade of flags was our favorite with lots of dancing and proud crew members representing their country.

We had a jr suite on aft. First time experiencing soot on balcony but was washed away as soon as I called.

I was surprised to see so much rust on ship but maybe they are slowly working on that.

The balcony had 2 lounge chairs, 2 chairs and 2 tables. They are very old and need to be replaced.

We walked a lot as windjammer is on front of ship but know our body needed the exercise.

We are diamond plus and i usually enjoy the coffee machine but it was too hard to get to from our room. It is deck 11 in middle of ship . Viking Crown Lounge was used for Diamond and up nightly drinks and food. Always crowded.

Casino:

Many penny and nickel machines. Max bet is usually $5 - $10 and if you get bonus not worth the max bet. So they got all my slot money. Saw 1 $3000 win and a couple $500. 6 Wheel of Fortune machines and never saw a high win so not many played them. I think they should put a few loose machines in casino.

Crew was very friendly and we met many friendly cruisers.Not many young people and few kids on this cruise.

Park Cafe hours are confusing so check your compass.Open on embarkation at noon.

Well organized for their 2nd 4 day cruise with minor things to work on.

Dance production has pros singing and dancing. Excellent!!!!!!

Publication Date: 05/07/13