Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Barbiegator: Enchantment is the Real Deal

Barbiegator
Member Since 2006
1,077 Posts

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Enchantment is the Real Deal

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I were anxious to sail Enchantment from Port Canaveral as we are fortunate to watch the ships leave from our balcony in Cocoa Beach. We also work and volunteer in Lakeland, Fl 3 days a week .
We were really pleased with the cruise and plan to go on her again when we want a short getaway.
Favorites:
Captain Gus was the most fun . He entertained us in activities all over the ship and gives a quote of the day at noon.
Cruise Director John Blair and assistant Katrina ,his wife were the best ever leading the cruisers in ship activities.They celebrated 20th wedding anniversary on our cruise.
We ate at Chops, dining room once, Park Cafe( roast beef sandwiches, make your own salads) and windjammer. Best food we have had on a cruise ship .I usually say disney has the best desserts but this ship now wins my award. The buffet had the usual dessert section but added another section of pan desserts like cobbler and bread puddiing and chocolate and vanilla More sauce. Cherry crumble was our favorite.
Freedom is our favorite ship but I admit I loved watching events in centrum. The parade of flags was our favorite with lots of dancing and proud crew members representing their country.
We had a jr suite on aft. First time experiencing soot on balcony but was washed away as soon as I called.
I was surprised to see so much rust on ship but maybe they are slowly working on that.
The balcony had 2 lounge chairs, 2 chairs and 2 tables. They are very old and need to be replaced.
We walked a lot as windjammer is on front of ship but know our body needed the exercise.
We are diamond plus and i usually enjoy the coffee machine but it was too hard to get to from our room. It is deck 11 in middle of ship . Viking Crown Lounge was used for Diamond and up nightly drinks and food. Always crowded.
Casino:
Many penny and nickel machines. Max bet is usually $5 - $10 and if you get bonus not worth the max bet. So they got all my slot money. Saw 1 $3000 win and a couple $500. 6 Wheel of Fortune machines and never saw a high win so not many played them. I think they should put a few loose machines in casino.
Crew was very friendly and we met many friendly cruisers.Not many young people and few kids on this cruise.
Park Cafe hours are confusing so check your compass.Open on embarkation at noon.
Well organized for their 2nd 4 day cruise with minor things to work on.
Dance production has pros singing and dancing. Excellent!!!!!! Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 7 8670

Tons of storage, large balcony with lots of furniture.coffee port, small flat screen TV,Price was high but went down before we sailed.Sofa bed.One chair. Mattress is hard but great covers. We like Aft views so enjoyed our stateroom.Nice view when docked in Nassau as we backed in.

Been here many times and missed many times. Calmest water we have experienced and nice cool breeze. Not many in water so think it was cold for most. Special upper tier party was very nice.
Read 235 CocoCay Reviews

Been here many times. This time we went to Atlantis in Taxi.changed rules and now you can't even go in lobby without paying $45 a person.Better luck in casino than ship. Ate local food at Twin Brothers under 2 nd bridge. Great fresh conch. New casino open Dec 2014 in Cable beach area. ride local bus 10 to see progress.
Read 2644 Nassau Reviews