Allure of the Seas 0

“Very Impressed with Allure”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

DJSteve552003
Member Since 2006
304 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We arrived 2 days prior to the cruise & stayed in a hotel near the port prior to the cruise. The hotel had a shuttle to the port for $8pp. We got the notice not to arrive until 12:30pm however our shuttle driver had a nearly empty van so asked us if we wanted to go earlier. We arrived at the port at about 11:15 & boarded the ship at 11:35.
We immediately headed to the Windjammer as we do on most cruises. It was not terribly crowded but when we left, it was pretty packed. Cabin was available at 1:00 as promised. We had a D5 Oceanview mid-ship but it seemed kind of small since our last cruise we had a Jr. Suite. There also seemed to be less storage & drawers.
We had booked all of the shows prior to the cruise & glad we did.
The shows & entertainment were fabulous! Don't miss the Aqua show or Blue Planet. Also I thought the Ice show was one of the better Ice shows. Ken Rush was the cruise director & he was good, but I wasn't wowed over him. I personally am a huge More Richard Spacey fan.
I wasn't wowed with the service; it was adequate, but just average at best. I suspect since tips are automatically deducted now daily, they don't put as much effort in. Neither me nor my wife gave anyone the WOW card.
The Mix & Mingle party was at 9:30am and was too early for some to attend. I would estimate less than half that signed up attended.
We had been to the ports several times & the only port we disembarked was Cozumel & went to Carlos N Charleys.
We loved the ship & are anticipating booking Oasis next year. The only problem was disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale. This was not the fault of the cruise line, but of the Customs agents. I do think the ship could have organized the lines to get off the ship better. You couldn't tell where they began & ended. Some passengers were rude with we were trying to find the end of the line. Also one of the cruise Directors assistants was kind of rude when I asked him a question. I guess he didn't give a rip because we were getting off the ship.
I wouldn't hesitate to book this ship again. Yes it's huge but the activities were plentiful. Less

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: April 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

D56620
Midship, storage was less than we are accustomed to.

Published 05/06/13

Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?