Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by DJSteve552003: Very Impressed with Allure

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Very Impressed with Allure

Sail Date: April 2013

We arrived 2 days prior to the cruise & stayed in a hotel near the port prior to the cruise. The hotel had a shuttle to the port for $8pp. We got the notice not to arrive until 12:30pm however our shuttle driver had a nearly empty van so asked us if we wanted to go earlier. We arrived at the port at about 11:15 & boarded the ship at 11:35.
We immediately headed to the Windjammer as we do on most cruises. It was not terribly crowded but when we left, it was pretty packed. Cabin was available at 1:00 as promised. We had a D5 Oceanview mid-ship but it seemed kind of small since our last cruise we had a Jr. Suite. There also seemed to be less storage & drawers.
We had booked all of the shows prior to the cruise & glad we did.
The shows & entertainment were fabulous! Don't miss the Aqua show or Blue Planet. Also I thought the Ice show was one of the better Ice shows. Ken Rush was the cruise director & he was good, but I wasn't wowed over him. I personally am a huge More Richard Spacey fan.
I wasn't wowed with the service; it was adequate, but just average at best. I suspect since tips are automatically deducted now daily, they don't put as much effort in. Neither me nor my wife gave anyone the WOW card.
The Mix & Mingle party was at 9:30am and was too early for some to attend. I would estimate less than half that signed up attended.
We had been to the ports several times & the only port we disembarked was Cozumel & went to Carlos N Charleys.
We loved the ship & are anticipating booking Oasis next year. The only problem was disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale. This was not the fault of the cruise line, but of the Customs agents. I do think the ship could have organized the lines to get off the ship better. You couldn't tell where they began & ended. Some passengers were rude with we were trying to find the end of the line. Also one of the cruise Directors assistants was kind of rude when I asked him a question. I guess he didn't give a rip because we were getting off the ship.
I wouldn't hesitate to book this ship again. Yes it's huge but the activities were plentiful. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 6620

Midship, storage was less than we are accustomed to.