Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by jandasma

Cabins Not Rated
        7-9 3.0
        10-12 6.0

Balcony room on deck 6, room 6391, over the Promenade Deck (
I wanted to put out some info that I was looking for before our cruise and could not find. I wanted a cove balcony room, which I had on the Disney cruise and LOVED, but was talked into moving to a higher floor if the 'upgrade' was free. I was sorry that I did this, as I later found out the we'd be on top of a newly designed promenade deck for the Breeze. This deck is also known as the veranda deck and it protrudes outwards underneath all of the balcony rooms. The cove rooms are built into the ship and have gigantic life boats hovering over them, so no one can see into your balcony unless they are in the ocean outside your window, but you're on the 2nd floor of the ship and there are 12 floors on this ship (with horrible elevators that take FOREVER to pick you up and get you to your new destination). The deck I picked was deck 6, mid ship starboard side (all odd numbered rooms) and directly over this promenade "veranda deck". The deck is designed to allow people to walk entirely around the ship without having to go inside at all and it's outside areas like the casino, the theater and the night club. I was worried that we constantly have people looking into our balcony and room. When we finally got to see our room, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the only way people could see into your room is if the were 20 feet tall. If you're standing on your balcony (in this particular room), no one would see you unless they happened to be walking under your deck for some strange reason.

There are nothing but lounge chairs taking up most of the walking space under these balconies and so people were either walking directly under you or laying in a lounge chair, sunbathing. We didn't have a hot tub (there are 2 on each side of the ship on the promenade deck) directly under us. I'm glad about that because, yes, they would be watching our balcony at all times and those hot tubs were raised. You had to walk up about 6 steps to get into the hot tubs. The hot tubs close at night and early morning, but when they were open, there was always someone in there.

On Fun Days at Sea (no ports days), Fat Jimmy's BBQ was open for business until about 2:30 pm. Fat Jimmy's was about 10 cabins aft from us, so the seating was also NOT under us. In other words, this is a good cabin, directly over the FUN HUB and really quiet. Nice view of the ocean, not to high and not too low. We also got to watch all of the people running back up the piers, late from their excursions, while everyone on the starboard side cheered them on. It was fun!

The things I liked about this cruise were Guys Burger Joint, best burger I've EVER had! and the food at the Blue Iguana Cantina. I liked the rum bar, but the tequila bar made crappy margaritas that tasted like salt water and I kid you NOT, the guy made my drink in a filthy glass. I washed the glass myself and it was still dirty, but not stained as I could scrape the crud off with my fingernail. Margeritas don't stick to the glass in my experience, so the glass was dirty before he made my margarita in it! By the way, the glass was plastic. The rum bar used glass glasses. The room had a king bed and a bunk bed. I asked the steward to leave the beds down at all times as my boys LOVE bunk beds and it was "their space". They loved camp carnival. My 11 year old made lasting friends in there. He has their Skype addresses and still socializes with them. He had the most fun of ALL of us and wanted to be at camp often. Sushi was good.

Bad: The rest of the food was just mediocre and luke warm. Mostly because the ship, in my opinion, was understaffed in most areas causing them to be grouchy and rude. Don't complain to anyone unless you want your head bit off from defensive employees and that was EVERYWHERE on the ship. I blame the cruise director for that. Even guest services was rude. If you're a gold or better VIP member, you don't have to wait in line for guest services, so if you're not, you're in line forever! There's only about 3 people helping about 20 people, pretty much at all times. While we were being helped, a man walked up to our lady and asked if anyone found some sunglasses. He looked pretty distressed at losing them. The lady told him he needed to stand in line. He put his tail between his legs and did as she rudely demanded. Is that how the passengers who paid so much money to be pampered should be treated?

We had "anytime seating" and were told that there might be a wait of 20 minutes at times. What a joke! We waited an hour and 15 minutes to be seated and when our food finally arrived, it sat on a tray with about 15 other dinners and it took the nervous waiter 15 minutes to actually deliver it to us because he kept taking off the lids and moving the plates around, trying to organize them or something, I don't know, but I finally go angry and asked him if my lobster was going to be cold like the appetizers were and he snapped at me. I would have turned him in, but 3 days later, during NON elegant night, out of the clear blue, the crew started dancing Gangnam Style in sync and that jerk of a waiter was the BEST one of all! Wow! I was impressed. Maybe he should be on stage instead of waiting tables, 'cuz the dancing that we did see on stage was, well, lame and cheesy! The 5D theater was just ok too and even though paying for unlimited pays for itself on your second visit, I don't recommend paying unlimited as you probably wont be back to it after the 1st experience. It wasn't really worth wasting your time on in our experience.

Our excursions were the bobsleds in Jamaica and Atlantis on Nassau. Atlantis was amazing and included a really great beach to hang out on. Our time in Jamaica was wasted standing in line for 3 hours for the bobsleds. That excursion was WAY overbooked. Don't do it. The actual bobsled ride took about 3 minutes tocomplete. I would much rather have taken a snorkeling excursion in Jamaica...the most BEAUTIFUL water we had ever seen and the best in all 3 ports. Warm and everything! We had to snorkel for an hour on a beach right outside the ship and it was just a tease. :( Not the best beach in Jamaica!

Publication Date: 05/07/13