Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by VKLovin: Fabulous Liberty

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous Liberty

Sail Date: April 2013

My husband and I decided to try a back to back cruise and choose the Liberty because of the ports. We had a 7 floor balcony cabin, mid ship.
Embarkation was a breeze, even without FTTF. We went straight to the Lido to try out the Guy's burgers and get a drink of the day. Guy's burgers are yummy, hopefully all the Carnival ships will have these added soon.
We got to our room about 1:00PM expecting our luggage would arrive soon, that didn't happen. Our luggage arrived after the muster drill. However, that was the only problem we had for 2 weeks, the rest of the cruise was fantastic.
The Exotic Western side, not my favorite, but still fun. The Eastern side included Half Moon Cay. I love, love Half Moon Cay and will make sure any cruise I book in the future will include this port. Make sure you rent a cabana. Ours was full of soda, water, and snacks.
The food in the Liberty dining room is standard Carnival food, really good. The waiters in the dining room More are always efficient and friendly.
The crew keeps the Liberty spotless and beautiful.
A special shout-out to the girls, Inna and Jovana, at the Alchemy bar. They are really wonderful and made our cruise something we will always remember. For 2 weeks I had to visit the Alchemy at least once a day.
The only downer of the ship is the guy in the Piano Man bar. He really needs to go. He doesn't interact with the people in the bar at all. Plus he has a lousy voice. He really should not sing.
Also, our room steward (I forget his name ... sorry) was attentive and kept our cabin neat and tidy. We called the shower in our cabin Lake 7359, it puddled every day. When I told him about it and that I tried to clean it every morning, he told me not to worry about it. He was even upset that I was the one mopping up the water. Every night we came back to a new towel animal on our bed. One night we had a monkey hanging from the light fixture. Very talented guy.
In Belize my husband injured his leg and needed to see medical. The Dr. is a special woman. She took the time needed to make him feel better and gave him the compassion he needed. Carnival should be very proud of her.
A big THANK YOU to the whole crew on the Carnival Liberty for the really wonderful memories we will keep of our 2 weeks sailing on the Liberty. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Empress 7359

We had a great cabin on the Carnival Liberty. The only problem was the shower. It puddled every shower. Besides that, the cabin is standard cruise cabin size. Plenty of storage for clothes and treasures collected at the ports. I do appreciate the safe. It was well used.