Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Bob from Orlando: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Bob from Orlando
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2006
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Sailed from Port Canaveral on September 30. The cruise was 7 nights with stops in Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten.

Embarkation was smooth but it did take an hour or so. I was surprised at how many people were in line at 1:00. Parking at the dock is $12 a day. Outrageous parking fees are a pet peeve of mine. I hate them. We parked in the parking garage and had to park on the top deck because it was so full.

The public rooms on the Glory were very nice and extremely well maintained. Compared to other Carnival ships it is not quite as Vegas glitzy...a fact that I liked. I found the ship very easy to get around. Others were complaining they were getting lost but I had no trouble.

Our interior cabin that was very nice. Our steward Errol was very good. He was accessible but invisible...a great combination. I've got to say I slept great on the Glory. I'm not a commercial for Carnival Bedding but it was very comfortable.

We booked our cruise a week More before sailing. We were motivated by the great price. It was about $400 per person including port charges. We live in Orlando and are flexible cruisers so when we see a great deal like this we do it.

Food ranged from good to excellent. No one can hit a home run every time. The Red Sail buffet was a great place for lunch and breakfast. Food was always available.

Entertainment was pretty good. The female dancers and singer were excellent. The male vocalist went sharp quite a few times. But at least he did it loud and proud. The comedy was funny but the best comedy was at the R rated shows at midnight.

We usually don't do excursions. We opt to go it on our own. We have been to Nassau numerous times and never really liked it. This time it appears they have cleaned it up a bit. Here's a laugh....they now license hair braiders. Now at least you don't get hounded by freelance hair braiders at the dock. St Thomas was OK. Some good prices on booze and a gazillion jewelry stores. I bought a camera there but I'd recommend checking out the price at an internet cafe before you buy. Also knowing what you want is important too. Otherwise they will sell you what they want to sell you and it is not always the best deal. If I were to go to St Thomas again I'd skip the shopping and go directly to Magens Bay and hang out on the beach. I liked St Maarten the best. Try Dawn Beach or Orient beach.

Overall the cruise was great. Not a luxury cruise but very nice indeed. I'd recommend it without hesitation. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>