Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by ff6735

Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: GS
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Hawaii 2013
The Carnival Miracle departed Long Beach CA in April 2013 destin for 5 ports in Hawaii and on to Vancouver BC.

LBC Embarkation Process - As many of you know Suite guest, Platinum and Diamond Club members and anyone who has purchased the Faster to the Fun Program have a different boarding process then general board. We were in a Grande Suite (GS 6182) for this particular trip. The boarding was expeditious and very efficient. Even with nearly 30+ people in the room for the above members we were in and out in under 5 minutes regarding check-in. Security screening lines were VERY short compared to general boarding. We had maybe 10 people in front of us and the GB side had nearly 500 if I had to guess. After security we walked right on. Overall, a 10 on the scale for efficiency.

Cabin - We had cabin 6182 on this particular trip which was a Handicap Grande Suite, which differs slightly from the normal GS cabins, but only slightly. The main differences we could find were an electronic door (swings open when card is swiped, AWESOME), a ramp to get out to the balcony and the biggest differences in the bathroom. A single sink instead of a double, the bidet is removed and a wheel chair accessible shower is added which is quite large and more than adequate for couples who like to shower together. The room itself was enormous compared to most cabins on board. Plenty of room to entertain if you have a group of 20+ for any type of gathering. King bed, still only 1 outlet, mini bar and fridge. The balcony has 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table and plenty of room to spare with good views. The most annoying and frustrating thing to mention is the ship received new TV's in dry dock, replacing the old CRT tvs with flat panel tvs which is a welcome addition.........HOWEVER, it is mounted to the wall........without a swivel mount. That's right it moves 1" or so in each direction, so if you plan to watch TV or movies in bed or the couch on your trip, you better bring your own (PPE = Piss Poor Engineering).

We ran into another issue where we had water dripping/seeping from the A/C vent over the toilet and over the bed. Dealt with the issue over 4 days. Each time we were told it was fixed, it was not. To the point the bed actually needed to be moved one night. We could not switch cabins as the ship was full. In closing though, minus the water leak and TV, the room was actually pretty great.

Food - We dined in the dining room, the Lido deck and Nick and Norma's (Steakhouse).

-Steak house was spectacular as usual, if you haven't been, you should go atleast 1 night.

-Lido Deck, food is Good, run of the mill for Carnival. Chinese was tasty, Sandwich Shop was fantastic (get the Tuna or the Pastrami), Burgers as usual and Pizza. Carnival attempted to get fancy with their pizzas switching from a shredded Mozzarella to a square cut Buffalo cheese. Some of you make like it and not mind, personally I don't like it and I talked to maybe 100 people on the ship who all agreed, go back to the old way. Usually there is a line at the pizza shop especially during hours where no other food was available..........not on this trip, not once that I seen. Plenty of desserts which look amazing, yet lack flavor.

-Dining room - Meals were Ok at best. Salads generally arrived warm and not cool and refreshing, they always forgot to offer the fresh pepper which I'm a fan of. Desserts were OK as well, much better than what is on the lido for sure. I LOVE the Warm Chocolate Melting cake, LOVE. But on 15 days I didn't eat a single 1. The quality varied from over cooked but were mostly undercooked, by ALOT. Just do it right, that's all I ask, I'll even take close.....none of the ones I received ever were so I returned ALL of them. Carnival.....let me help you out, buy the best tool you'll ever find in a dessert kitchen...a TOOTHPICK.

Food overall is a 6.5

Onboard Entertainment -

Decent shows, from comedy, to dancing etc. All were pretty good. 8.5 overall

Bingo.......we all know it and love it. Especially a full ship of people on lease from the retirement home :) Nothing gets the young and old hyped like bingo, its fun, it's easy and anyone can do it. Leave it to Carnival to screw it up. Take note, in a normal bingo hall if the game starts at 8pm at 8:01 numbers are being called. On board that is when you started to be able to buy cards. With over 200 people in line to buy cards in the main theatre, that takes a while. Bingo gets a score of 1

Crew and Cabin Stewards -

You are all great and I thank you very much for your hospitality and making us feel at home. Great experiences and interactions as usual, which make you feel like an individual. Only in 1 instance was a rep rude to me, in the gift shop. I addressed it and moved on.

Ship-

Layout is similar to it's sister ships, Legend etc. Simple layout, easy to find things and was overall great. The one thing I don't get is there is a childrens pool near the water slide which NO ONE ever seems to use. I recommend making it to an adult only area since the children seem to take over the main two pools.

Serenity deck, great as usual. Wish it was a bit larger as it is the newer ships. Overall 9

Overall the trip was a 9, relaxing and enjoyable