Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by ErinAndCarlo

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by ErinAndCarlo
Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: ErinAndCarlo
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: GS
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

THE CARNIVAL SPLENDOR NYC-CARIBBEAN- GREATEST VACATION EVER
I just arrived home from our vacation, 8 days NYC to Caribbean.lol, i'm still swaying. My first cruise. I was terrified to to on but Carnival Cruise lines, your staff, your ship, your entertainment, your cruise director- (Malcolm whoo hoo..Mr. Bling) outstanding!! Human Kindness at its finest~ This ship was beyond immaculate. Every single member of the staff did everything to make sure the guests were smiling, comfortable and safe.

I have to say a special thank you to the outstanding stateroom staff. We had a grand suite, our in laws had a balcony suite and our aunt had an inside stateroom. Let me just say this, YOU GUYS ARE SIMPLY THE BEST~ Thank you to Muzemmil, Achmad,Zaini and Arosyid. My suite was a grand suite, ocean view-huge balcony with lounge chair, huge bathroom with jacuzzi, and separate living room area. So, i must say..it was exceptional.

I also want to say something about Carnival. These days, they had a few incidents.. after 40 years of exceptional service.. All I can say is things happen but the one thing i was promised when i called Carnival to book my cruise was..."we always bring our passengers home safe"! LOL, the passengers on my voyage all were wishing we could stop our cruise ship and stay on board..or turn the ship around and return to the Caribbean. I was so nervous, omg...what if i don't see land.. what if the hallways are small. Let me tell you, the Ocean is spectacular to see.. The sunsets, the sunrises, the wakes, the waves..There's something magical and serene. The hallways were all decorated with beautiful art.The Art department represented

Park West Studios..and even on the hallway walls were murals of beautiful pictures so it never seemed small..in fact they were very spacious. The lobby of this vessel. You Tube and Carnival Photos don't do justice to it.. There are 4 glass elevators. the ships main color pink.. its simply a sight to behold. The Art Auction staff, were phenominally nice. The ship had entertainment everywhere at all times and so many give aways. Malcolm the cruise director had us laughing at the dating game., and the Lido Pool Crew trivia and Water Olympics or Pool Games..gave prizes such as a Gold Cruise Ship.. so much fun. The Casino, was awesome, the game room for the kids..great. The Spa, beautiful. The gift shop and photo shop...Outstanding service especially from Daniel the "boss" Melcea and a very sweet "Karen".

But above and beyond all the beauty of our ship..the staff amazed me when we witnessed a critically sick passenger having to be airlifted to safety.. OMG, state of the art medical team on board saved the life of a man who was bleeding due to a recent surgery.. He needed blood and from what the "family friend" told me.. Every member of the Carnival Cruise staff offered to donate blood.. They took the crisis very serious, we turned towards shore and an EMT Helicopter from the US Coast Guard hovered above while a medic was lowered aboard.and the man was airlifted safely to a hospital.. Excellence and Human Kindness at its finest. We visited three islands, the itinerary was reversed due to the emergency but that was fine with all of us.. We visited Nassau, Half Moon

Cay and Grand Turk.. Absolutely beautiful. Loved swimming with the Dolphins at the Atlantis and riding a raft thru a shark tank..The beaches were beautiful and shopping was fun..but I have to say a special thank you to the very hospitable and awesome Arturo from the Greatest Restaurant and Fun Place in the Caribbean. Sr. Frogs -Nassau.. A "good night" coffee tequila shot or yard sticks of margaritas always bring a smile. The next day, beautiful Half Moon Cay with a free HUGE Barbeque and the third day at Grand Turk..gave another gorgeous beach and great shopping.. Jason from Carnival was our shopping advisor..and oh my did we get the best prices on everything including free gifts in every port.. Love ya Jason..thank you~ What can I say, i wish our ship was stuck at sea..still, I loved everything about our vacation.. I loved the staff's integrity, human kindness., the dining staff who sang and danced. We even stopped to check out a capsized vessel in the ocean near Bermuda somewhere..I have such a great respect for the crew of this vessel. They all were outstanding, from our housekeeping, to stateroom staff, deck hands..cleaning crew, dietary, room service, guest services.art, entertainment, .Every person was nicer than the next.. I highly recommend this cruise to anyone~ I loved every second on board.. even survived the one night of a little rocky sea's... Watching a Movie on top of a ship on a huge movie screen with a blanket and popcorn surrounded by the beautiful ocean.. how fun is that~ We thank you all at Carnival Splendor April 23-May 1,2013 for an Outstanding Job of Customer Excellence~

Publication Date: 05/02/13