Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by ErinAndCarlo: THE CARNIVAL SPLENDOR NYC-CARIBBEAN- GREATEST VACATION EVER

ErinAndCarlo
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Western Caribbean Cruises

THE CARNIVAL SPLENDOR NYC-CARIBBEAN- GREATEST VACATION EVER

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I just arrived home from our vacation, 8 days NYC to Caribbean.lol, i'm still swaying. My first cruise. I was terrified to to on but Carnival Cruise lines, your staff, your ship, your entertainment, your cruise director- (Malcolm whoo hoo..Mr. Bling) outstanding!! Human Kindness at its finest~ This ship was beyond immaculate. Every single member of the staff did everything to make sure the guests were smiling, comfortable and safe.

I have to say a special thank you to the outstanding stateroom staff. We had a grand suite, our in laws had a balcony suite and our aunt had an inside stateroom. Let me just say this, YOU GUYS ARE SIMPLY THE BEST~ Thank you to Muzemmil, Achmad,Zaini and Arosyid. My suite was a grand suite, ocean view-huge balcony with lounge chair, huge bathroom with jacuzzi, and separate living room area. So, i must say..it was exceptional.

I also want to say something about Carnival. These days, they had a few incidents.. after 40 years of exceptional More service.. All I can say is things happen but the one thing i was promised when i called Carnival to book my cruise was..."we always bring our passengers home safe"! LOL, the passengers on my voyage all were wishing we could stop our cruise ship and stay on board..or turn the ship around and return to the Caribbean. I was so nervous, omg...what if i don't see land.. what if the hallways are small. Let me tell you, the Ocean is spectacular to see.. The sunsets, the sunrises, the wakes, the waves..There's something magical and serene. The hallways were all decorated with beautiful art.The Art department representedPark West Studios..and even on the hallway walls were murals of beautiful pictures so it never seemed small..in fact they were very spacious. The lobby of this vessel. You Tube and Carnival Photos don't do justice to it.. There are 4 glass elevators. the ships main color pink.. its simply a sight to behold. The Art Auction staff, were phenominally nice. The ship had entertainment everywhere at all times and so many give aways. Malcolm the cruise director had us laughing at the dating game., and the Lido Pool Crew trivia and Water Olympics or Pool Games..gave prizes such as a Gold Cruise Ship.. so much fun. The Casino, was awesome, the game room for the kids..great. The Spa, beautiful. The gift shop and photo shop...Outstanding service especially from Daniel the "boss" Melcea and a very sweet "Karen".

But above and beyond all the beauty of our ship..the staff amazed me when we witnessed a critically sick passenger having to be airlifted to safety.. OMG, state of the art medical team on board saved the life of a man who was bleeding due to a recent surgery.. He needed blood and from what the "family friend" told me.. Every member of the Carnival Cruise staff offered to donate blood.. They took the crisis very serious, we turned towards shore and an EMT Helicopter from the US Coast Guard hovered above while a medic was lowered aboard.and the man was airlifted safely to a hospital.. Excellence and Human Kindness at its finest. We visited three islands, the itinerary was reversed due to the emergency but that was fine with all of us.. We visited Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.. Absolutely beautiful. Loved swimming with the Dolphins at the Atlantis and riding a raft thru a shark tank..The beaches were beautiful and shopping was fun..but I have to say a special thank you to the very hospitable and awesome Arturo from the Greatest Restaurant and Fun Place in the Caribbean. Sr. Frogs -Nassau.. A "good night" coffee tequila shot or yard sticks of margaritas always bring a smile. The next day, beautiful Half Moon Cay with a free HUGE Barbeque and the third day at Grand Turk..gave another gorgeous beach and great shopping.. Jason from Carnival was our shopping advisor..and oh my did we get the best prices on everything including free gifts in every port.. Love ya Jason..thank you~ What can I say, i wish our ship was stuck at sea..still, I loved everything about our vacation.. I loved the staff's integrity, human kindness., the dining staff who sang and danced. We even stopped to check out a capsized vessel in the ocean near Bermuda somewhere..I have such a great respect for the crew of this vessel. They all were outstanding, from our housekeeping, to stateroom staff, deck hands..cleaning crew, dietary, room service, guest services.art, entertainment, .Every person was nicer than the next.. I highly recommend this cruise to anyone~ I loved every second on board.. even survived the one night of a little rocky sea's... Watching a Movie on top of a ship on a huge movie screen with a blanket and popcorn surrounded by the beautiful ocean.. how fun is that~ We thank you all at Carnival Splendor April 23-May 1,2013 for an Outstanding Job of Customer Excellence~ Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Suite Empress 7317

7317 ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL GRAND SUITE... LOVED LOVED LOVED.. HUGE SPACE. UPON ENTERING, ON LEFT, 2 LARGE CLOSETS WITH 15 HANGERS, THEN THERE IS A DESK WITH ELECTRICAL OUTLET AND MINI BAR WITH A BEAUTIFUL MINI BAR AREA AND TO THE RIGHT A HUGE MIRROR TO MAKE IT APPEAR LARGER, VERY PRETTY! STEP IN FURTHER, A COUCH THAT SITS 6 OR 8 THAT CONVERTS TO A BED WITH A LITTLE COFFEE TABLE AND TWO CHAIRS, TO THE RIGHT A KING SIZE VERY EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE BED WITH LOTS OF PILLOWS AND GLASS MIRRORS BEHIND. THEN TO THE RIGHT A WALK IN DRESSING AREA WITH FULL MIRRORS AND TWO MORE LARGE CLOSETS SHELVES AND DRAWERS. A BLOW DRYER AND ONE OUTLET..WHICH SUFFICED WHEN I USED HOT ROLLERS OR STRAIGHTENING IRON AS BLOW DRYER IS IN DRAW..SO DOESN'T REQUIRE NEW OUTLET. Bring SMALL EXTENSION CORD IF YOU NEED TO PLUG IN A COUPLE THINGS AT A TIME, I HAD ONE BUT DIDN'T NEED AS I SHARED EQUAL TIME CHARGING OR USING AS I NEEDED. 2 OUTLETS IN ROOM. NOW BY BED A NICE SIZE DRESSER 6 DRAWERS/ AND ANOTHER TWO HUGE CLOSETS..THE BATHROOM IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE DRESSING ROOM, ITS HUGE HUGE HUGE..WITH A JACUZZI TUB., THAT I LOVED SO MUCH, A BIDET..LOL ( STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THOSE THINGS..TWO SINKS AND A BEAUTIFUL MARBLE TILED FLOOR WITH HUGE HUGE HUGE MIRROR.. NOW STEP OUTSIDE..THERE IS A FULL LENGTH WINDOW OF THAT BEAUTIFUL SUNRISE, SUNSET OR SIMPLY SERENE OR "NOT SO SERENE (lol) OCEAN.. WITH A BALCONY WITH TWO CHAIR AND A BIG BLUE COMFORTABLE "ROMANTIC" RECLINER... THIS ROOM IS SO SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL.. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT., AND THE COUCH OPENED TO A BED. THE STAFF ON THE CARNIVAL SPLENDOR EMPRESS DECK.. WERE SO ACCOMMODATING AND OUTSTANDING..OUR ROOM WAS IMMACULATE AND IF YOU NEEDED ANYTHING AT ALL..IT WOULD BE THERE INSTANTLY..AND OUR STATEROOM STAFF, COURTEOUS ENOUGH TO REMEMBER YOUR NAME.. LOVE THIS ROOM SO MUCH.. ITS MID SHIP, STARBOARD SIDE AND SO COMFORTABLE, I WANTED TO STOWAWAY UNDER THE SHIP AND STAY FOREVER~

BEAUTIFUL..... GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT SHOPPING, BEAUTIFUL GIFT STORES.. AGAIN BEAUTIFUL TURQUOISE WATERS .. THE BEACH WAS VERY ROCKY IN THE WATER.SO WEAR WATER SHOES, BUT TRANQUIL.. AND BEAUTIFUL..

Absolutely beautiful private island with huge free barbeque.. Great water sports..you can snorkel, rent a raft, ride a water buggy, relax in a "clam shell", shop or take in the beauty of the island para sailing... this island is so beautiful..soft white sand beaches with turquoise water.. i just loved being there.. so serene and so beautiful