Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by tbaxter33

Cruise Date: April 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: J
Cabin Number: A732
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Caribbean Princess - Great Experience
Overall, this was a wonderful cruise, and I would recommend it to anyone.

We typically get a lower priced inside cabin since we would rather take a couple of cruises per year than spend twice the money on an higher grade cabin. Our cabin was on the Aloha Deck (A732). While we believe it was a little smaller than some inside cabins on other cruise lines, the cabin was very nice and the layout was very nice and efficient. We never felt crowded. Our cabin attendant was fantastic and kept the cabin clean and in order constantly. It seemed that he was always around. I would give the inside cabin and the cabin service a five star rating (on a scale of one to five).

We are not drinkers or gamblers, so we have no experience with the bar services or the casino. However, I did purchase a soda card and my wife purchased a specialty coffee card. The bar attendants were always very helpful and willing to get me a soda every time I asked.

The ship's common areas are beautiful. There was always quality entertainment in several areas of the ship. We enjoyed sitting around different places, listening to music, and reading. It was a relaxing cruise.

I would have to rate the helpfulness and enthusiasm of the staff five stars. The service throughout was amazing. We were always greeted with friendly smiles and a "good morning" or "good afternoon".

Now for the food. While the service in the main dining room (early dinner seating) was outstanding, we did not think the tastiness of the food was quite up to that experienced on other recent cruises. When people ask me how the food was, my reply is simply "okay". The buffet upstairs was very good. The service upstairs was also outstanding. An advantage of the buffet was that you could go back and make another selection if you didn't care for the first one.

In summary, the ship is beautiful, service was outstanding throughout, our cabin was great, and the food was "okay". I definitely would recommend the Caribbean Princess since our overall experience was wonderful.

Publication Date: 05/02/13