Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by icecreamconeman: Carnival Never Again

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bahamas Cruises

Carnival Never Again

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Ok before i write this review, I am 50 y/o i am a chef and i work in sales. I traveled with my son who is 18. First embarktion was a breeze got there at 10:30 and was on the Ship by 11:45. First impressions of the ship was very Art Decoish, not my cup of tea, but thats the least of this ships problems.. Was able to get in and to my cabin by 1:30 (which isnt bad). nice cabins roomy plenty of storage and clean, the windows of the balcony needed to be cleaned but hey the sun was able to come through. had lunch on the lido deck (the only place you can eat on embark day, was edible, long lines and food is luke warm at best. The long lines are a common place on this ship as it is very narrow from port to starboard side and few places that actually serve the brunch. First night my son and I went to the steak house.. I highly recommend this if you enjoy a great meal. service was top notch, food was awesome (Best meals on the ship). The 2nd night is formal night this is where the More problems started for this cruise. Met up with some people and we hit it off. was promised a table for 16, when we got there no table and they split us up over 4 tables, 2 were close 2 werent. Food was not even marginal at best and service took for ever to get organized. Complained to Guest service took 2 days for director of dining to contact us. and when they did make sure that the next formal night was better, they got the seating arrangements better but food was horrendous and service was again marginal. Ate at Lido deck often as i just could not eat at the main dining room. Pizza and grill stations were a better option. Sushi and sandwich area also a much better option. Ate at the steak house on last night again Kudos to the staff and chef at the Pinnacle..

Entertainment was pathetic and childish, enough said.
Activities were boring as all hell often changed or canceled. NO ENERGY ON THIS SHIP
Staff were not friendly and just didnt care (except our room stewards they were the best and happiest people on this vessel)..
Ports were cool. liked half moon cay nice pretty island great beach. Nassau was nassau. Grand turks was also nice.
Casino was nice except for Julian the asst manager, very rude and just a PUTZ.

Debarktion was a breeze, once they called your deck we had our luggage and were through customs in 15 minutes..

Overall I would not do this ship again as i do not, in my opinion think its the ship for the NY market... Miami and the corporate rats need to RE TRAIN BOTH CREW AND OFFICERS ON SERVICE and, bring moral up on this ship.Many crew members and Officers told us they arent happy with Carnival. Spoke to 1st time cruisers who loved the ship, spoke to many who cruised before they hated the ship. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>