Star Princess Cruise Review by Ethel5

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: HH
Cabin Number: A750
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
My Opinion only!
This was my first cruise over 18 nights and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I got bumped up from an inside to an "outside" with 2 portholes. The scoop on that is on the main Princess Board. What follows are more observations than reports.

Naturally the age group was a bit high considering the length of the cruise but there were 3 children on board that were extremely well behaved. In fact the table next to ours held the oldest passenger at 94 and his greatgrandaughter at 16 months. Most of the seniors were delightful and looking to enjoy themselves.

Our dining server was kept quite busy with 21 people needing attention. I feel this is too many and we lose the personal touch. He was efficient but couldn't spend any time with passengers. Food is subjective, BUT I found the Beef Stroganoff to be chewy as was the Steak Diane. Fish was good. We found that the lunch menus in the dining room to be quite good. The Chef chose to repeat menus after 2 weeks.

Cabin service was wonderful. Repair on a slamming door was fixed promptly. But it took 4 calls, 3 visits and a new phone to get my phone to accept messages. I can honestly say that the crew was very friendly.

The CD was Billy London and he again let us down with very little scheduled that wasn't a spa promotion. We did have an excellent speaker the last 8 days of the cruise. The one who gave the most lectures was a droning bore.

Publication Date: 05/01/13