Star Princess Cruise Review by Ethel5: My Opinion only!

Ethel5
Member Since 2000
7,377 Posts

Compare Prices on Star Princess South Pacific Cruises

My Opinion only!

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was my first cruise over 18 nights and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I got bumped up from an inside to an "outside" with 2 portholes. The scoop on that is on the main Princess Board. What follows are more observations than reports.

Naturally the age group was a bit high considering the length of the cruise but there were 3 children on board that were extremely well behaved. In fact the table next to ours held the oldest passenger at 94 and his greatgrandaughter at 16 months. Most of the seniors were delightful and looking to enjoy themselves.

Our dining server was kept quite busy with 21 people needing attention. I feel this is too many and we lose the personal touch. He was efficient but couldn't spend any time with passengers. Food is subjective, BUT I found the Beef Stroganoff to be chewy as was the Steak Diane. Fish was good. We found that the lunch menus in the dining room to be quite good. The Chef chose to repeat menus after 2 weeks.

Cabin More service was wonderful. Repair on a slamming door was fixed promptly. But it took 4 calls, 3 visits and a new phone to get my phone to accept messages. I can honestly say that the crew was very friendly.

The CD was Billy London and he again let us down with very little scheduled that wasn't a spa promotion. We did have an excellent speaker the last 8 days of the cruise. The one who gave the most lectures was a droning bore. Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess Oceanview Obstructed Emerald Deck A750

Tiny room best for one person. Enjoyed the portholes for the light. Separated beds for more room. Put the wood/glass table in the closet because it was in the way.