Carnival Dream Cruise Review by retiring soon

Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: 4G
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Dream of a cruise on Carnival!
I chose the Dream as it was leaving from Port Canaveral not too far from my DB's condo which I visited for 3 nights before the cruise & also because of the itinerary which went to 3 places I'd never been before.

I purchased FTTF which came in handy for boarding early & avoiding line ups at customer service. I was on the ship at noon & headed for my interior cabin on deck 8 which was in a great location, not too far from elevators/stairs & just 2 decks below the main food locations.

As I was originally going solo then ended up solo since my cabin mate was unable to come, I was glad I arranged early seating at a large table. I enjoyed my dining companions 2 young couples also from Ontario & one my age from SC.

The food on the ship was great with so many options. I tried the buffet, Tandoor, Grille, Punchliner Brunch as well as my dinners in the Scarlet DR with a nice ocean view table & lunch once in the Crimson DR. I also attended the Chef's Table which was well worth the $75. The table was set up right in the galley so we saw all the action of a ship at meal time.

I attended most shows & found them to be really good entertainment. The 1st day I took the ship tour with Alyssa & found that helpful especially the fact that deck 3 does not have access right through. I went to a few trivias but never won the coveted Ship on a Stick altho' I did take a picture of one! I played Bingo which was quite reasonable at $25 or $30 per session. I won $100 so that was great! I also won $7 on scratch tickets that came with the cards. The CD staff was friendly & fun, Willi & Gumby are both great & accessible.

I took Carnival excursions at all ports except Costa Maya where I took the $3 bus to Mahahual ($2 taxi for the return), a cute little place with beautiful beaches just minutes away from the port.

I really liked my cabin 8406 & steward Mark who was very efficient having it made up before I got back from breakfast (I always put out the sign) He made me a towel animal every night, gave me chocolates & took good care of me There was a lot of cupboard space, some free

samples in the WC & the tv had some U.S. channels which would have been nice if I had time to watch them!!

The ship itself is really nice looking with comic like graphics in the halls, some nice glass elevators, pretty lights & red accents in the main DRs. I know there's also laundry facilities but I never saw them, actually I think I need another week to see what I missed & that's a

possibility as I liked it that much!

The theatre is really nice & the seating so spacious with either tables or marble arms to rest your drink unlike NCL Dawn (my last ship)! The comedy venue is lovely too with it's Venetian theme & I'd recommend getting to the adult shows at least 15 mins. early as otherwise you might have to stand. Jeff, the Fun Dude manager there was funny.

I had a great time & wouldn't hesitate to cruise Carnival again especially on the Dream!

Publication Date: 04/30/13