MSC Poesia Cruise Review by jkopp1212

MSC Poesia
Member Name: jkopp1212
Cruise Date: March 2013
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Horrible Cruise and Horrible Customer Service DO NOT GO!
Problems we had:

1. We were never told that the cruise was being renting out by a group. The group was Cruise to the Edge. Instead of leaving entertainment for those that weren't there to see that, the ship catered to them and left nothing for everyone else to do. We are 29 and 30 years old and old rock is not our style. We were expecting to see shows and stay busy and instead we just wanted to get off the boat because it was so bad. The theater was closed for private showings and unless you were part of the group you could not get in, which is wrong for those of us who had no clue this was going to happen. They put all these different people in all the lounges and that is not right either.

The ship should NEVER cater to one group and leave the other hanging. We paid a lot of money for this cruise and WE ARE NOT HAPPY

2. Another thing is, my husband tried to go get coffee numerous times, and only one machine was open when ALL machines should be open at all times. Every time he went he never could get coffee and had to keep coming back over and over to get it. We were told that the machines would be open 24/7 and yes 1 was, but it had to service all thousands of people on the boat and there was always a line.

3. The Jacuzzi is a joke. It is barely warm and is not monitored or controlled at all for people getting in and out. Because of the rock concert, people thought it was ok to get in and stay in throughout the whole concert and not let anyone else in. We had to ask someone if we could please get in for just 10 min and they were ticked. On the last day my husband finally got in alone and not even a few minutes later, like 8 kids cannon balled him and the parents just allowed it. He was so mad that he just got out. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!

On the one and only day there was sun, we weren't even able to enjoy it because there was nothing going on for people for entertainment so EVERYONE was on the pool deck and it was just miserable to try and find a seat.

4. We tried to go to the disco club 1 time and was so disappointed. We got there after 11:30 which is when ALL the teenagers should be gone, but they weren't. My husband and I noticed people that there is no way they could have been 21 drinking. They had to have gotten someone to buy their drinks for them. The sign said 18 and up and there were all the teenagers still in there. We did not feel comfortable being in there with underage people at all. There should be some type of regulation on that as well.

5. On the pool deck, the chairs that are broken need to be taken off the deck and NOT used. I happened to get in a chair that was broken and I didn't realize it and I barely put my weight on it and it collapsed and pinched the heck out of my finger to where I could barely move it.

6. The food was fair. It was either luke warm or cold by the time it was served to us. On Italian night we would have thought that it would have been awesome and it was not. The food was definitely not what we expected from hearing how good other cruise lines are.

7. For as much as we paid for internet, it was a pain to use. We would log out and it would keep taking time off the clock bc it didn't want to disconnect.

Only good things about this ship:

1. The ship is beautiful

2. The 1 and only show we got to see on the very last day was great. If there would have been more entertainment like that our experience would have been so much better.

3. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We were given a lot of wrong info but we usually figured it out. One girl in the reception area stood out to us and her name was Christina and she was from Canada. She was very apologetic about our whole situation.

4. Housekeeping was great and kept our icebucket filled and rooms nice.

I emailed customer service about this issue and was only offered a small compensation instead of a refund. I than asked for a refund since my husband is military and we are moving far away from the one port that is in the US for us to go to and they said they would only up it a little bit. Our problem is I am pregnant, we are moving and who knows where we would be going next. I am so disappointed in this ship and the company in general that they can't just go ahead and refund us some of our money. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!! BEWARE DO NOT GO ON THIS SHIP!

Publication Date: 04/30/13