Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by baseball16

Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: BB
Dining Not Rated

Epic disaster
Our trip started in Miami at check in the lady said her system would not let us put one of our sons on a different credit card that is ours because it would link him to our cabin. We had no other choice so we had to do it, she did not even call mgt for help. We have always done this. We boarded, everything was ok, my 2 sons in a different cabin purchased the drink pkg for alcohol and we sailed away. The ship is beautiful, we had balcony cabins, very very very tiny compared to other ships. Balcony is large but needed that space inside. Awkward situation with toilet on one side of the door and shower on the other side with a curtain to block rest of the room. Would not do well with a friend traveling or new girlfriend or boyfriend. I had 4 family members in one of these cabins and they were very unhappy said the balcony is the only thing that saved them

. Never a place in the buffet to sit only ate there 2 times. Most of the time we ate breakfast and lunch at O'Sheehans, loved it one side is dining, the other side is bar, pool table, games but you can order some of the food there. Bowling alley on the dining side. Pool tables and bowling is at a fee.Excellent food and service at this place. Buffet people are not friendly and do not help you find a seat and do not clean tables very fast for this amt of people.Club Bliss is used for other things before 11pm very small not much seating. Spice H20 is club on the back of the ship, they raise a dance floor over the pool, very small area for this many people, for the white hot party there were probably 2000 people there you could not move much less dance. Not a lot of wait staff up there either but friendly. Nice quiet place to be during the day with food and drinks and adult only pool. Casino is set up strange it is scattered everywhere it seems, a big shopping area and a lot of wasted space back in a lobby area at Spice. Strange to have the buffet on the front you can not get up front to take good photos. Staff and passengers are quite snobby on here, Staff mostly is rude and quiet not friendly at all, only a few. Cabin steward for 10168 was terrible. CHECK you mini bar they charged us $57.00 wrong gave a credit then it showed back up on the bill when we left. Bottles of water are getting smaller for more money buy in bulk when you board or order it before for the week a lot cheaper.

The Cirque Dream Dinner is a MUST it was the best I have every seen and excellent food also.

Blue man group would not see again, Legends good but only 3 performers. Dining room Taste was really good steaks were tender and good, Cagney's was wonderful, steak tough, excellent wait staff. Not always a lot of good desserts a lot of jello textured stuff like in 09. Food a lot better since 09

Back to our disaster, the day after sail away we had a message about drink pkg so we went to guest services and tried to explain, My sons were in a different cabin but one of them was linked to use our credit card so they tried to make us buy the pkg also, we asked for a mgr and go the asst beverage mgr, he acted like he understood so we go back to our cabin and he has charged another $400.00 to our acct,, we went back down and they said it would get fixed, they moved it but left all the drinks on our tab so it would not come off the pkg so we were being charged for the drinks and the pkg, went back down and we just moved the son to his brothers acct they never got everything moved so we just dealt with it. Our first 3 days were miserable fighting with these nasty nasty mean people at this desk. BE CAREFUL of the drink pkg it say per cabin and per folio meaning you can use your spending on someone else's credit in another cabin. It is tiny print at the bar.Not sure it was worth it makes you drink more to beat the system. Then my son goes to the bar and orders something outside of the pkg and tells the waiter twice he will pay for it and they refused to serve him. The wait staff will CHEAT you watch them, they will give you 20 oz beer instead of 14oz and tell you it is ok and the 20oz is not under the pkg. Keep up with water out of your cabin, just seemed to be a lot of dishonesty going on on this ship, Been on 14 cruises and have never felt this way.

Also we made reservations to all the shows online and when we went to the Blue Man group they were very mean and nasty there too and said we did not have reservations, they embarrassed us in front of other guest by yelling for us to wait outside we did not have reservations and my family member said how do you know you have not checked our other groups card, As we found out from the reservation desk none of our reservations went through online, if you do it online check at the reservations desk outside the theater to make sure they are there if not book them or you may not get in. Fat Cats' was a lot of fun it says jazz but the night we went it was oldies and he was great with dancing also, starts early to where other things start late.

Disembarkation: The night before you have to go down to guest services to get luggage tags, we did not know this, however we usually carry off so we can get going early as we drive back to Atlanta. We went off early at 8am it was pretty smooth until we got to the deck to disembark a member of the crew kept telling me to keep moving and was pushing me and I asked him to give me a minute to get my suitcase moving and he pushed me again and picked my suitcase up and pushed me and my youngest son moved up beside him and called him an and told him to leave me alone.So glad to be off that ship.

This is our second ncl cruise will be hard to go back did not like either one, maybe later. We booked this trip 8 months in advance and my guys really needed this and it was not good, Had 4 family members with us who have never cruised and I don't think they were happy either not sure they will ever go again.

Publication Date: 05/01/13