“Not Too Big, Not Too Small”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

txjess Mariner of the Seas 5 Not Too Big, Not Too Small
txjess
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The Mariner is really the perfect size ship. One would have never known that there were over 3,000 souls on board, and you didn't have to hike a mile to dinner and mile back to the show. The ship is clean, well appointed and the staff is fun and friendly. We weren't too keen on the price tag for a balcony, but found the Promenade room to be a nice option. My previous cruise on the NCL Spirit wasn't exceptional, but SOME of that was my fault. Our group didn't participate in any activities, opting to instead sit in the lounge. The Mariner had some GREAT activities, like trivia, silly contests on the pool deck, great shows, and of course, The Quest (youtube it if you don't know). My friend and I played in every trivia game, saw several shows and spent plenty of time people watching at the dance club. I really enjoyed the traditional dining as we made some great friends at our table to hang around with, and the food was good. As with any place, some nights were better than others, but there was always something on the menu I liked. Just booked my next cruise on the same Ship Class and I think I'll be Loyal to Royal!
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Promenade Stateroom

PR8275
really like deck 8 promenade. the bay window is nice and the room was mostly quite, although backs to a service area so a little noisy at times.
Published 05/01/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Mariner of the Seas Review
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?