“First time cruiser and very pleased”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

MEKelly Allure of the Seas 0 First time cruiser and very pleased
MEKelly
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We didn't know what to expect. We had never cruised before. The news lately had been very bad with cruises. Outbreaks of Norovirus, breakdowns at sea. Maybe cruising wasn't really for us. We took a leap of faith and went for the best. The Allure of the Seas has an excellent reputation. My first impression was of a very clean ship. I am an ICU nurse and know of the dangers of taking 6,000 people and putting them in a confined space. The rooms were spotless. The hallways were well maintained, vacumed frequently. There were Purell hand sanitizers outside of every resturant, boarding and departing station. The staff was present to remind guests to use at each location. We were also told to wash with soap and water. Purell does not kill Norovirus but soap and water will take care of it. There were a few who over indulged in alcohol and vomited in the hallway. The area was quickly corded off and a crew complete with masks arrived to clean the spot. Gusets were diverted away from the area immediately. The staff was exceptional. I have witnessed passengers having a bad moment and the staff went beyond what was reasonable and expected. I would never have the patience that they showed time and time again. I would never have been able to put up with the poor behavior shown by the passenger. We actually stayed close in case the staff member needed aid. The food was beyond expectation. Plentiful and given freely. My boyfriend fell in love with the Creme Brulee and asked for an additional serving. The Adagio staff went beyond and provided him one for later. We will be sailing again in the near future and will only sail on a Royal Carribbean ship. We loved the experience and can only say wonderful things about the line.
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Port
Took a taxi to Bucannos Day Beach and had the best visit of the cruise.
Read 4,596 Cozumel Reviews
Port
Didnt care for the port of call. Too controlled. Didn't get a taste of the real Hati
Read 852 Labadee Reviews
Published 05/01/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Allure of the Seas Review
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?