Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by rl2thnurse

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: rl2thnurse
Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: 8C
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Freedom Rings (make that ROCKS!!!!!)
At the airport now (delayed flights for hours), looking at our FREEDOM getting ready to leave port, & remembering just the greatest of cruise experiences!

The embarkation was well above any I have had in the past. By 11: 45 we were having a Funship & burger, the fun was just beginning!

We went to the Steak House for our dinner which was, indeed, wonderful. Better than the other meals on ship? Possibly, but depends on just how much of a 'foodie' you are. Glad we did it & will probably do 1nce on next cruise. And, we do plan to do another FREEDOM cruise.

Service was wonderful! We did "My Time" dining, but requested Trinidad & his team each night. They were truly amazing. Trinidad was impressive in that not only was he nice to US, but he was so polite to his staff (always saying "thank you, excuse me, etc") The food excellent @ each meal.

Our first stop was in Tortola; also, the first time for us being at that port. We took & enjoyed the Isand Tour which was beautiful & entertaining (entertainment by fellow passengers Barbara, Sally, Walt, & Don who were constantly arguing (in fun of course).

We also had never been to Antiqua & really thought it was beautiful even though we did not o any type of organized excursion.

We always enjoy the time on the ship the most. This time we enjoyed the Showband (I think that is theri name) in the Lobby Bar. We did a "little" dancing, but so enjoyed meeting & watching Pat & Paul dance.

We also met our CD, Brad, who is super ABUNDANTLY AMAZING. We introduced ourselves one time...he REMEMBERED us (by name)as we dismbarked ( he also sent gift to our room). Now let me tell you, we will always love John H. & think he is GREAT, but Brad just trumped the "king", Thanks, Brad, you are one astounding CD!

St Thomas was beautiful as always. We only went to Paradise Point for lunch & a Bushwacker (of course. Some of the locals suggested that we NOt go into town because of the Carnivale & there had been a "shooting". We later heard that 2 people were killed. Enjoyed our perch on Paradise!

Day at Sea was just completely relaxing. We were fortunatel enough to have a cabanna for couple hours which was so wonderful...just napped.

We did not get off ship in Nassau, but thought the where we docked was beautiful.

We were so sad to leave today. As always, we met people that we learned to love quickly & will plan to stay in touch with.

Several people told me that they thought the cruise was not good, that the people not friendlly, & the service poor. I don't think they were on the same ship we were on. Unless, it was something totally horrific, I truly hope they do not give poor surveys. These people work harder than ANY of us could ever do & if sometime something might go a little out of your expectation, is it worth having them demoted or worse. Some people look for what is wrong & they WILL find it, but I found a long time ago, if I look for what is RIGHT, I will find that...for me it was all right and I am so thankful for my Freedom to cruise & for my Carnival FREEDOM in particular.

If you are about to take this cruise, look for those good things...you won't have to look very hard, they are EVERYWHERE. LET FREEDOM ROCK!!!!

Publication Date: 04/30/13