Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by morgana13

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by morgana13
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: morgana13
Cruise Date: March 2013
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated

Enjoyed and would recommend
Presentation - This is an older ship, overall the ship is in good condition for its age. Just accept you will see a few chips and cracks and get on with your holiday.

Cleanliness - Everyday i saw crew cleaning common areas and they were paranoid about passengers washing their hands. Overall i was very impressed with the dedication to hygiene. On the other hand my cabin was not as clean as I would have liked. There was a terrible smell of cat urine in the bathroom, it was so bad we purchased a gel air fresher when in port. I suspect the fan was not working properly.

Friendliness - the staff and crew were extremely friendly, always smiling and saying hello. There were a couple of crew who were a bit grumpy. But there were so many who were truly amazing that the grumble bums could be easily dismissed.

Food - I was very happy with the food, there were one or two nights that I did not like what was on offer in the main dining room but that comes down to personal preference. When on board we found a deal of 3 meals in Qsine for $90 per person (selected port nights only). The service was amazing. If you love something they just bring you more of it - O.M.G. the lamb cutlets were to die for !!! Beware they recommend 5-6 dishes. After the first dinner I was so full I fell asleep in the theatre afterwards. By the last dinner we were ordering 4 dishes and walking away satisfied and not falling asleep in public.

Organization - the organization was fantastic, everything was so easy. They organized our Vietnam visa, no paperwork to complete. They simply left the immigration card we needed to carry in our stateroom the night before our first Vietnam port. We docked in hong kong at the new terminal which was still under construction, the organization was outstanding. It must have cost them a small fortune in staffing and coaches.

Tours - We did 3 Celebrity tours. The Hoi An by bicycle was excellent and the food was fantastic. A must do if you are on this itinerary. The other 2 Cu Chi tunnels and Ba Ria were O.K.

Summary - In summary would I go on Celebrity again? Yes absolutely. Would I go on Millennium again? Yes I would if the itinerary was right.

Helpful tips.....

Drinks Package - we tossed up for some time about the premium drinks package. In the end we did not go ahead and i am so glad we didn't. We drank what we wanted, when and where we wanted. Inclusive of all drinks - including mini bar and room service drinks, plus a few laundry costs, some medication from the doctor and a few internet costs, our total bill came in at the same price as the premium package.

Leam Chabang Port - this port is massive, we were offered the option of walking to the main road by one of our tour operators. Thank goodness we did not take them up on this. It costs extra to come into the port but seriously, just pay it ! There are so many entrances I could not figure out where the main road was. The private tour operators were even getting lost. There is a coach and taxi service inside the terminal so if you do not have plans it is easy to get transport. We went to ko Larn and opted for a taxi, it was $60 USD to take us to the ferry terminal in Pattaya and collect us for the same spot at the end of the day. Expensive but worth it. If you are going to ko Larn there are speed boats down on the ferry dock, we went the ferry option but wish we had just spent the money on the speedboats as coming back was a bit tedious.

Publication Date: 05/11/13