Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by stlmom: Celebrity 2013: Signs they are Cutting Corners...

Celebrity Silhouette 2
stlmom
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Celebrity 2013: Signs they are Cutting Corners...

Sail Date: April 2013

So we've cruised three times in 4 years with Celebrity. I really want to like this cruise line because it fits our family's needs for many reasons. However, this year (2013) we noticed a marked decline in the company's investment in our experience. THis is what we've noticed as being different (in a negative way) from past cruises with Celebrity:

1) No champagne when boarding...BIG mistake. Really set the wrong tone for our first day. They subsequently gave champaign at the sailaway but by then it was too late. I was annoyed.

2) Luggage did not arrive at room until 5 minutes prior to dinner service. We had to dress three children and ourselves and then scramble to dinner. Stressed me out and made me frustrated at dinner.

3) Dinner table was the worst we've ever experienced. They tried to squeeze our fiver person family at a 4 person table...by the kitchen entrance. The senior officer in the dining room tried to make it better by converting it to a More round by the 4th night but only after practically being in tears about it.

4) Server at dinner was vry nice but inexperienced. He forgot things we ordered, repeatedly brought out 4 dishes and then left one person waiting for the fifth dish.

5) Minimial higher cost food products: smaller shrimp, no crab louis, signifantly fewer tartars and carpaccio dishes that we had enjoyed in the past. More chicken and beef and we noticed.

6) Cruise director was also a singer - at first this was cool but after several "performances" I felt like I was missing out on either my cuise director or another performer. Didn't love the double dip.

7) The sheets were scratchy. This is a bug deal and somehting I have never experienced before on celebrity.

I want to love this cruise line again so I hope they take note and make some ENHANCEMENTS going forward. Less

Published 04/29/13

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X