Thomson Dream Cruise Review by maxymaxy1: Fabulous Cruise

Service Not Rated

Fabulous Cruise

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Barbados

We sailed 7th April for 19 nights on the Caribbean Crossing. We loved the ship and everything about it. We chose the All Inclusive but was a bit disappointed with it as we felt we were treated second rate. On Formal Nights when the Wine Waiters were busy they seemed to concentrate on people who weren't on AI and we were left waiting. This didn't happen just the once as we had 3 formal nights and it happened every time. I know the wine waiters are very busy but that was how it was. Also if you wanted a glass of lemonade or coke in any of the bars you were given a glass stacked to the brim with ice and then topped up with 1 can between 2 but if you were paying you got a whole can. Also one day when I had about an inch of shandy in my glass and my husband had finished his, I was refused another drink until I had finished and the waitress pushed my card back on the table and said 1 drink only so my husband politely gave her the glass with the inch of drink in it and insisted she More took my order. We payed over 1000 for the AI package and was bitterly disappointed.

My other moan is that we pre-booked a cabin and was given a completely different cabin. I did notice that the cabin number wasn't on travel itinery but left it to trust that they wouldn't change it. We immediately went to reception and were told there were no spare cabins and had to put up with it. He emailed my grievance to Thomsons who repied with it was the travel agent who booked the wrong cabin and we would have to sort it out ourselves. (Booked with Thomsons). Only got home FRiday midnight so not had time to deal with it. My husband, being an ex merchant seaman takes a great deal of time looking at placement of cabins etc, WE chose deck 7 midships but not the cabin we were given. The cabin was very close to the funnel and the floor was like underfloor heating which you certainly don't need in the Caribbean.

Enough of the moans. The cruise was great. Entertainment was second to none. Great Thomson Team and 3 comedians from UK flown in which were excellent.

We are not ususally the type of people but were having so much fun it was always the early hours when we got to bed. Our favourite bar was the Ocean Bar. Elegant Touch Trio were fantastic. Good fun and great for dancing to. Broadway Show lounge was enormous and very comfortable and excellent seating. Sailaway deck parties were great fun. The Thomson Team made sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

Didn't book any Thomson Tours, we used local taxis. We did use Cosol Tours in St Lucia and it was a fantastic day out. We left the ship at 8.40 and got back at 4 o' clock. There were 3 mini buses followed by a 4 wheel drive acting as the bar. Anything from Rum Punch to beer, water soft drinks etc. WE stopped on the way for breakfast and were given a sample of about 30 different Caribbean foods, then we stopped off on the way back for hot bread filled with cheese. We went by water taxi to a beautiful beach. Also went to the mud baths and bathed in waterfall. Would definitely do it again if we ever went.

All in all apart from the little hiccups we enjoyed every minute. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 7136

Nice cabin and well situated and only one floor up to the bars and entertainment. A little warm as it is quite close to the funnel. Excellent steward Edy.