Disney Dream Cruise Review by infl: Disney Dream without kids!

infl

Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Disney Dream without kids!

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I literally just cruised in the Celebrity Sillouette less than 1 month ago and this cruise was not planned. My husband and I had a few days that we had planned to go away and were too lazy to book anything. I threw it out there on a whim that I would love to do a short little cruise and he made it happen! Thanks mom for watching the kids!

I'm going to keep it short. The last time we sailed Disney was the Wonder in 2009 with the kids. We loved it and have pretty much compared all ships to Disney since. I was starting to think that my memory was fuzzy and magical and that maybe it wasn't that special. But, it is. Disney is incredible.

Stateroom number was 9596. We initially got 10576. I read some reviews about noise and we were told we couldn't switch but Disney treated us right and we got it switched at guest relations right at checkin. We booked at the last minute and got what we could. Stateroom was lovely. Noise was not a serious issue. You could hear talking on More the balcony but that was rare. Veranda was tiny. No table. Only 2 chairs and a tiny table. But I was so happy we were not close to any smokers! Yay!!! Stateroom attendant Noel was very friendly. No complaints.

Castaway Cay. Breathtaking. It was actually prettier than I remembered. I was so busy running after kids the first time so I didn't really soak it all in. Loved the adult side of the island. I cannot wait to go back! Got some sun and made some vitamin D!

Spa. Tried the Rainforest spa. Wow! When I take the kids I go straight to the pool. With my husband in the future I'm heading straight there. Tour it. Check it out. Maybe try it. I fell asleep there 2 days in a row. That's how relaxed I felt.

Adult pool. What did they do? I remember wanting to go to the adult pool on the Wonder and never making there. I looked at the pool on the Dream and was so disappointed. Oh well. We only had 3 days. On a 7 day I would have more issues. But a 3 day cruise is so ridiculously short. I only got over it because I'm going back.

Gym. No crowd. By far the emptiest Ive seen in a while on a cruise ship. Loved it but I'm thinking parents get in here and take care of yourself! My husband and I always take turns working out when we've got the kids. But we enjoyed going together. Very nice.

Movie theater. Saw Oz. Before the kids! Fancy! 3D! Wreck it Ralph and Lincoln were playing as well.

Remy. Didn't book ahead but got in. Wonderful date night. Loved the dishes. Service was impeccable. Glad I did it but I do think the uncharge is too steep. I don't think I will go back unless the kids are paying! I had to experience it!

Palo. Didn't book but was lucky again. Another wonderful date night with my man. I will return someday if the stars align. Great service. Delicious food.

Nightlife. My husband and I are part of the boring club. We had some cocktails at a few bars and went to bed early!

Disembarkation. Pretty much walked straight off. No line at customs. Perfect ending.

Bottom line. You can have a nice romantic time here. I will return with the kids. We took advantage of the prebooking sale on the ship. Till next time Disney! Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 10 9596

Clean. Attractive. Tiny veranda. No serious noise issues. Can see some overhang from the pool deck and can hear a little music from the pool deck at times as well. Just in case of noise we played our own soothing music at night. Don't know if it helped or not as I don't have any complaints. You can see little kid feet looking up during the daytime. I guess it's a pool? It's cute.