“A Celebrity Convert”

Danvers14
Member Since 2011
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
This was our first cruise on Celebrity and we cruised to the Western Carribean and Central/South America. The 11 night cruise on the beautiful Celebrity Equinox included stops in Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Panama, Columbia and Costa Rica. Overall, my wife and I were truly impressed with the quality and level of service on Celebrity. The food in the specialty restaurants was outstanding and we also found the food and service in the main dining room to be very good. We did not attend the production shows, but we really enjoyed the alternate shows (comedian, pianist/singer, etc.). We are Diamond Level on RCCL, therefore we immediately qualified for Elite Status in Celebrity's Captain's Club. We found the Captain's Club benefits to outshine those on Royal Carribean. Elite Status members on Celebrity have access to the Concierge Lounge, whereas Diamond members on Royal Carribean only have access to the Concierge Lounge on some of their ships. The free 90 minute WIFI package for each member as well as the free laundry service came in very handy. I realize that I may be nitpicking here, as we really enjoyed the cruises we've taken on Royal Carribean, but there was "something" on Celebrity that won us over. After returning home,we cancelled our scheduled 7 night Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona on Royal Caribbean and booked a 12 night Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Equinox with the same departure date. My wife and I are a "young" 64 and that may have a lot to do with our choice. The pool area on Celebrity is much quieter. I did not miss the absence of pool games, etc. I also did not lament the lack of a jumbo movie screen, rock climbing wall, etc. The live music around the pool on the Equinox consisted of contemporary music with several of the ships musical entertainers performing (no steel band). The padded lounge chairs in the pool areas also added a little more class and comfort. You probably can't go wrong on either line, but we plan to stay with Celebrity.
Celebrity Equinox Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Equinox Review
Celebrity Equinox Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?