Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Caribbeancruisern: Carnival Valor April 2013

Carnival Valor April 2013

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Having been on many cruises, we were ready to experience yet another great trip. My son and I met other relatives--plus a larger group of people we had contacted prior to the cruise. We never lacked for anything to do--both on and off the ship. I usually enjoy more sea days--however there were definitely some positive points in having new ports to visit.

Our favorite shore excursion was not booked through Carnival--but many positive reviews were seen so we decided to go with the "Cosol tour" in St. Lucia. Best tour for the buck--quoted price was $65 for 5.5-6 hrs. Ended up being over 7hrs--and our tour guide was "Yellow Bird"--the brother of the owner of Cosol tours. He was the best! We saw so much--banana plantation, the Pitons, opportunity to snorkel/swim, mudbaths, waterfall, AND great native foods were included! Comparing this tour to what was offered by Carnival--we were given more than what at least 2 of their tours gave.

I did enjoy the Train ride and More Catamaran on St. Kitts--sponsored by Carnival--you were able to see the entire island and then relax on the boat--with rum punch (of course) and lunch! Very friendly atmosphere.

The food was good--never have had a problem with that on Carnival. We didn't do the Chef's Table on this cruise--but would definitely recommend it for something to try--cost is $75--but you have your own private chef and try many dishes specially prepared by him. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Oceanview Riviera

Plenty of room!

Flower Forest

(4)
This was entitled "Barbados in Bloom"--we went to an Orchard Farm-many opportunities for photos. Then we continued to another location for other pictures before returning to the ship.

Scenic Railway

(5)
Enjoyed this tour--1st we took a 2 hr train ride around the island, then we boarded a catamaran where we enjoyed lunch and free-flowing rum punch! The only negative was the rain--so nothing we could control--lol!

We did the "Cosol tour" in St. Lucia--loved it! Best tour for best price!

My son really enjoyed the opportunity to drive his own Rhino Rider--lots of fun!

Paradise Point Skyride

(3)
I have done this on a prior cruise--disappointed that it was under construction so not as much available to see.

Scuba - beginner

My son did this and loved it!