Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by GrammarRocks

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by GrammarRocks
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: GrammarRocks
Cruise Date: April 2013
Cabin Category: 8D

Loved the Liberty!
Just returned from a great week on the Carnival Liberty...this was my third cruise with Carnival, and this was by far my favorite ship.

Food: Guy's burgers and the burritos at Blue Iguana were absolutely delicious! I went through some bacon withdrawal when I got home. I only ate at the buffet for breakfast, but the lines moved quickly and the food was always hot. Ate in the Golden Olympian dining room with Your-time dining every night. Food wasn't bad; nothing spectacular, but still good quality. Not as impressed with the service in here as I was in other parts of the ship. Waiters seemed uninterested and some nights it took quite a while before anyone came to bring us water or take our orders.

Bars: Love the two bars out on the Lido deck. For some reason, we always end up on the right side of the deck, so in this case, that was the Red Frog Rum bar. Bartenders were all attentive and fun, and of course, the drinks were great! It started pouring rain while we were still docked in Miami, and I think they thought my friend & I were nuts while we sat at the bar getting soaked. The Alchemy bar was also a great spot. The martinis were delicious and I really enjoyed trying some of the concoctions they had on the menu. Bartenders & staff were also attentive and entertaining.

Entertainment: Comedy shows were great. Get there early or you won't get a table. It takes awhile to get a drink in the comedy club, so I recommend going up to the bar in the back and ordering it yourself. Was disappointed in the piano bar; on my first cruise on the Victory in 2011, the piano player was a lot of fun and really got the crowd involved. Last year on the Glory, he seemed annoyed that we were requesting songs and didn't really interact with the audience very much. Unfortunately, we had the same guy that was on the Glory, so we didn't spend much time in there. There were some great singers/guitar players out on the Lido deck every night from 4-8; perfect way to end the afternoon! Didn't see many of the shows, but the smaller events that I stumbled on were fun. The staff really seems to enjoy what they are doing and it shows. There was always something going on in a corner of the ship and the DJs kept the party going out on the Lido deck on sea days.

Ports: Half Moon Cay was beautiful; the sand was like flour! Bring some crackers or bread to feed the fish. I had some cereal from breakfast and there were at least 40-50 fish all around me for a while. I'd already been to St. Thomas, and the shopping in Puerto Rico was a nice surprise. Grand Turk was nice as well; went to Governor's Beach and did some snorkeling right off the beach. Not bad, but Grand Cayman last year was definitely better.

Complaints: My only real complaint is about the photographers. They were everywhere, even IN the water at Half Moon Cay! I was chatting with some other passengers and they had us all get together for a photo even after we said we didn't know each other. Some on the ship would actually pout if we said no to a photo; do they really think that is going to make me pose for a cheesy picture? I get that this is a big deal for some cruisers, but I just wish they would let us approach them if we want photos.

Overall, I loved the Liberty and if they get some different itineraries, I will definitely sail on this ship again.

Publication Date: 04/28/13