Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by fsuwx

Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated

This ship is amazing!!
Where to start: This ship is huge, but easy to get around. It's packed with people, but hardly feels that way!

Do yourself a favor: reserve all of the shows, you'll regret it if you miss one. The entertainment is top-notch. Hairspray was great. The ice show was so well-done that you forget that the rink is so small. Come Fly With Me was so good, we saw it twice. The Comedy show was very funny, but if you can't handle the f-bombs, there's a family-friendly version on the last night. The Dive show was like nothing I've ever seen. The level of production was incredible, especially for a ship. I've seen shows on other ships and the Oasis made them look like a preschool play. The headliner was a Sammy Davis Jr-type of show, which we skipped"not my generation I suppose.

Usually in the afternoon, they show a 3D movie and at night in the 2nd half of the week, there are movies in the aqua theater.

The food: Not once did we eat at a specialty restaurant! I'm not sure what some people eat on a normal basis to where they would think that the dining room food was sub par. I could cut the prime rib with my fork, the lobster was huge and the overall quality of the food was 5-star! If you want more than one item, order 2! By the end of the week, our servers just assumed we wanted several items. We basically had a buffet!

My Time Dining was great! We had a table for 2 every night and had the same servers, whom we were sad to say goodbye to. The staff on the entire ship was top-notch. I don't know how they do it.

We were off the ship in Labadee for about 30 minutes. We live near the beach, so we wanted to take advantage of an empty ship and were so glad we did!

In Jamaica, I hired a private guide (http://www.jaital.com/tours-and-excursions-in-falmouth-trelawny-jamaica-17.html) b/c I wanted to do more on the island than what the cruise offered. We had our own driver and he took us river tubing, Dunns River Falls and shopping. He took us to a local restaurant for authentic jerk chicken/pork.

Cozumel was nothing but a money trap. Guard your stuff carefully"my wife's sunglasses were stolen and she just set them down for a second to get something out of her purse!

This ship is not intended for people who just want to take it easy and read, sleep, etc. There is so much to do. The flowrider and zipline and ice skating are a blast and the lines are not that bad. The rock wall is challenging, but doable. The gym is perfectly adequate, but go in the afternoon b/c it seems like everyone wanted to get their workout done b/f 10 am. There are plenty of pools/jacuzzis and chairs available.

The only complaint I had was the price of pictures. They are high quality, for sure, but 5 pics for $150 is outrageous! We took 600 pics, so we captured some good moments. If you want some photos of you all dressed up, look up a photographer in your area who can probably do it for a third of the price!

Some Don'ts: 1) Don't get on an elevator just to go up 1 floor; use the stairs! 2) Don't think you're hot stuff if you can stay in 1 position on the Flowrider for a long period of time; there are people waiting. One guy just stayed in 1 position for 5 minutes while his wife took thousands of pictures to where the staff had to pull him off. 3)Don't argue with the comedians, then get highschool-hurt if they embarrass you! 4) Don't save seats after they clearly state "Do not save seats".

We will definitely go on this ship again!!

Publication Date: 05/02/13