MSC Poesia Cruise Review by beausmom129: Bermuda April 13, 2013

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Bermuda Cruises

Bermuda April 13, 2013

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Bermuda

My spouse and I are also experienced cruisers and have cruised with multiple companies. We went with a group of friends and had a wonderful time.
We did have a few issues with our cabin but these were rectified promptly and we received a call from Management the next day to be sure all was well! I must agree that the ship was spotless and seemed to be well maintained.

I had no issue with the food quality -- we have been to Europe and it seems that Americans (and I'm USA born and bred!) on the whole expect a 6 Star hotel or restaurant for $120/day! The food was not fancy, but it was good!

I agree that service in the main dining room was slow at the first seating. Out table group changed to the later seating and had no problem -- dinner took about an hour with time for wine before our first course or longer if we desired. Our waiter -- Adrian -- was great. We also had a person with an allergy issue. We did have to remind Adrian the second night but after More that he saw to it that all dietary considerations were managed well. My husband is a marinara sauce connoisseur and found their sauce to be pretty good. Enough said about that.

We thought the buffet was fine -- the hot food was warm not hot in most cases but, again, was simple but good.

Many of the crew members are not proficient in the English language and this sometimes caused problems -- again the Poesia is a European cruise ship and does not cater strictly to Americans! If we could not understand someone or they had a problem understanding us, we just asked someone else! Problem solved.

The entertainment: the entertainment in the theatre was geared towards an older crowd -- and that's who was aboard! The entertainment team did an outstanding job! The 10:00 PM show in the Pigalle lounge was SRO every night. The nightly dance classes in the Zebra lounge were entertaining, informative and well attended.

Bored????? The cruise is what you make it!

Would we sail with MSC again? You Betcha'! Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Superior Balcony D Annunzio Deck 10186

Small for an 'extended balcony', quiet,