Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by WishboneS: Fun on the Sun

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Southern Caribbean Cruises

Fun on the Sun

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We really enjoyed this cruise. We were able to visit new Ports and enjoyed each place we visited. The ship was clean and the staff was friendly.

We few into Fort Lauderdale and arranged for transportation through NCL. This was very easy and pleasant. We left our luggage when we left the bus and started our cruise experience immediately.

We had a wonderful balcony cabin our first as we usually book inside cabins. This was a nice treat and I must say we are ruined. Our only problem with the cabin was the lack of an electrical outlet near the bed for my husbands breathing machine. Bring an extension cord. We always pack one. The dryer is in the bathroom so ladies if you use one I would suggest to bring your own. The best place for getting ready is in the room.

The food was good and we only ate at one specialty restaurant. It was really good and we ate too much. We choose to eat in the main dining rooms over buffets in the evening. The service was very More good. We enjoyed the hamburgers that were grilled on the deck on sea days and Breakfast was the same regardless of where you went. Its hard to have a bad egg and fresh fruit. The coffee to me personally was bitter but it was better than past cruises on NCL. Note I am a coffee snob.

We split the tours 2 private and 2 with the ship. NCL did a nice job of the tours but I would love to get an earlier start and stay longer especially when we went to the beach. The guides were funny and buses were comfortable and clean.

We enjoyed all the entertainment. I think NCL does a great job in their choices. We went to the show every night. The bands on deck and in the various lounges were equally good.

Richard the cruise director was funny and we enjoyed his stories. I would do this cruise in a heart beat.

Thank you NCL for a great cruise Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Pool Deck 0261

We were at the back of the ship and it was very quiet except on a couple of mornings when they were moving the tables in the garden cafe. We were close to the elevators that took us to all the public places without a long walk. Great location

We took a private tour which was fantastic. The tour operator is BUMPIING TOURS our guide was Levi Baron. He was fantastic with helping the older folks the weak swimmers do all the activities on his tour if they wanted. He was very knowledgeable about the different plants, the Island folklore and places to visit on the Island. He avoided the crowds and took us everywhere. I would suggest this tour to everyone and when he says good secure sandals he means this. There are lots of rocks and you need a thick sole and good traction.
Read 491 Dominica Reviews

Probably the most beautiful Island. We did a tour thrrough Harod's. His tour was the ultimate tour. By far the best tour we have ever taken. He was very helpful and knowledgeable and we saw the island in a way that would not have been possible through a ship tour. He provides transportation back to the ship via a boat and we saw the entire cost from the Pitons to the ship. Very nice tour.

We took a tour to Orient Beach thru the ship. This was an OK tour. We left at 10:30 and returned at 2:30 and lunch was provided. It is a beautiful beach but I would have enjoyed more time there or an earlier start to the day. Next time I will try shopping. I dont feel I really got a feel for the Island. I want to go back.

We took a taxi to a Secluded beach "Secret Beach" and had a fantastic time. There were 5 ships in port the day we arrived and were grateful we had few others to share our beach with.
Read 2321 St. Thomas Reviews