Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by WishboneS

Member Name: WishboneS
Cruise Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
Fun on the Sun
We really enjoyed this cruise. We were able to visit new Ports and enjoyed each place we visited. The ship was clean and the staff was friendly.

We few into Fort Lauderdale and arranged for transportation through NCL. This was very easy and pleasant. We left our luggage when we left the bus and started our cruise experience immediately.

We had a wonderful balcony cabin our first as we usually book inside cabins. This was a nice treat and I must say we are ruined. Our only problem with the cabin was the lack of an electrical outlet near the bed for my husbands breathing machine. Bring an extension cord. We always pack one. The dryer is in the bathroom so ladies if you use one I would suggest to bring your own. The best place for getting ready is in the room.

The food was good and we only ate at one specialty restaurant. It was really good and we ate too much. We choose to eat in the main dining rooms over buffets in the evening. The service was very good. We enjoyed the hamburgers that were grilled on the deck on sea days and Breakfast was the same regardless of where you went. Its hard to have a bad egg and fresh fruit. The coffee to me personally was bitter but it was better than past cruises on NCL. Note I am a coffee snob.

We split the tours 2 private and 2 with the ship. NCL did a nice job of the tours but I would love to get an earlier start and stay longer especially when we went to the beach. The guides were funny and buses were comfortable and clean.

We enjoyed all the entertainment. I think NCL does a great job in their choices. We went to the show every night. The bands on deck and in the various lounges were equally good.

Richard the cruise director was funny and we enjoyed his stories. I would do this cruise in a heart beat.

Publication Date: 04/23/13