Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by oneboysmom

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6B
Cabin Number: M211
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        7-9 5.0

Great 1st cruise for my son and I
This was my son's first cruise and my first cruise since 2000. The ecstasy did NOT disappoint!! Was such a lovely ship, always clean, staff always friendly and attentive.

Embarkation: Got on ship around 1pm, and went right to Lido deck for lunch. After went to our room as it was ready and got changed into swim gear. My son jumped right into the pool and hottubs and there he stayed!

Freeport: Wasn't too thrilled with this port, probably also it was a Sunday. Went to Port Lucaya straw market and then down to the beach. IT was very seaweedy until you walked down the beach and became a little cleaner.

Sea Day: This was supposed to be our last day, but with the itinerary change, it became our second day. The entertainment on the pool deck was fun and a lot of people seemed to enjoy.

Half Moon Cay: Love love love this island. It has the softest, whitest sand I've ever seen in my life. We sat by the pirate boat, as thats where the music was, the bathrooms, the bar, and not a far walk from the lunch buffet. I enjoyed the different food served for lunch on this island. Really enjoyed the couscous and wished they would do that on the ship. Was very sad to have to leave this island, but my next cruise will include this one again!!

Nassau: Unfortunately with the itinerary change, we were only on the island from 7-2, so that really limited us to what we could do. We found a private driver and had a big group of us and he took us on a 4 hour tour of the nassau and paradise island. It was a great time. We saw so much and learned a lot about the island for only $20 per person.

All-in-all, we had a great time. My son really enjoyed the carnival camp and the counsellors were fantastic! Next time, he will be moving up to the 12-14 group, so will be a different experience for him again.

The waiters/servers on the pool deck were fabulous. They were always coming over to make sure we had enough ice in our buckets and enough drinks! Our room steward was great as well!!

The shows were good and we enjoyed the hasbro show. I also got a big kick out of the love show? It was soooo funny and Matt, the cruise director, did a great job!!

Will definitely be booking carnival next time around and probably next time after that. So many things to do and so many places to see!

Publication Date: 04/26/13