Awesome: Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by njgreygirl
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Western Caribbean
The only negatives I noticed on the ship:
1) Day one, they were hawking water delivered to your room 24 bottles for $35, noting that if you bought 24 it was like getting 4 for free. We did not end up using 40% of them! We really only needed them on the days we went off ship. I would suggest buying them as you need them.
2) The pool on deck 11 was so noisy that it was not enjoyable at all. Basically if you wanted to use the pool, it was so crowded you could just sit in the pool, you could not really swim. Did not have a problem getting chairs. The kids loved the aqua duck and used that rather than the pool.
3) We had an opportunity to use the adult only area on Sunday and I noticed a family who had the audacity to have their 3 children in there with them from 6 years old to maybe 14. No one said anything, and I got so agitated, I went up to the Disney person and complained, especially when the dad was bringing the 6 year old into the hot tub! We have to leave our kids and look at someone else's in the adult area? The Disney guy spoke almost no English so I sought out someone in another area. Eventually a management type person came and asked them to remove their children. Sadly, that was not the only time I saw this happen...I was in that area 3 times and each time saw some dopey parents think they were special and that their kids could sit there with them. After that first time, I saw them routinely go up to people and ask the children to leave in their polite Disney way.
4) Overall, the food was better than ok, but not fantastic. Cabanas had a great variety for lunch, loved the breakfast buffet in Enchanted Garden, and favorite included dinner was the second night at animator's palette. Palo was a bargain at $20 pp surcharge and would go their more than once if we cruise again. Ali was our waiter and the food was the best we had. The chocolate souffle is a must! Overall in the 3 main dining rooms food was decent, sometimes very good but the desserts were disappointing overall. The Royal Court was my least favorite. It was also hard to find a good cup of coffee on the ship!
5) The Oceaneer's Club was a little to young for my 8 year old. He was turned off and I could not get him back to try the Oceaneer Lab, which I think he would have liked better. He also loved the mystery game on board. Much better than the one at Disney World, which he lost interest in quickly.
6) Spa - My husband and I used the spa for a couples massage - enjoyed that. However, at the end they spent a good 5-10 minutes trying to sell us some products (while we were still naked in our robes) which totally killed the relaxing mojo we had going on. Next time I will request not to be asked to buy anything. That was especially annoying. I also decided to shower there since the showers were much bigger than in the cabin, but was disappointed to note they did not have any products to use (no comb, hair spray etc...) I said something to the receptionist and she gave me a comb which they stock behind the counter because people take them...pretty sad when people are spending $10k on a vacation and need to steel a cheap comb...
Now Some Good things to note:
Loved our room - 9618 could sleep 5. Good area, not much noise. I did notice in some of the restaurants at the back of the ship you could notice the rocking. Try to stay closer to the middle of the ship for least rocking. Was a connecting room to 9618.
As an alternative to the noisy pool, found a great place to sit on deck 12 behind the funnel vision screen. - no noise!
Favorite excursion: Grand Cayman Rum Point beach
Least favorite: Costa Maya - agree with other reviewer - it's a dump!
Best experience - Cozumel swim with the dolphins at Dolphinaris - nice facility...
Again, the combination of the team of servers we had, the cabin, the beauty of the ship and variety of things to do made this a wonderful trip. Would absolutely cruise Disney again! Trying to book Eastern Caribbean for next year....great time!!!!! Wish I had booked it on the cruise to save 10% Less
Cabin review: 04A9618 Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Loved the cabin. Never felt cramped. My husband is 6'9" tall and he was comfortable. Loved the balcony and heard very little noise. Extremely comfy bed and pillows. Plenty of storage and ways to hang wet clothes. Would book this room again or even a little closer to the mid ship. Split bathroom is a must. Felt like a hotel room...Read All Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (04A) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Awesome week on the Norwegian ...
Crowded and noisy!
Very nice 5 day cruise
Disney Fantasty- May 2017 - Fu...
A wonderful first experience w...
The Excellent and the Not-So-E...